2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Celebrating 20 years with my bride tonight. We wanted to go to Old San Francisco, but they are shut down......Ideas for a great steak on the west or southwest side? Thanks in advance.

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
First off Congrats to you and the misses.

59 and Beltway SW side of town "Taste of Texas". I really liked it. I think its 59 and Beltway or I10 and Beltway. They had a website you shouldn't be disappointed there.

Mike

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
where's a Western Sizzler when you need it? :D

both above suggestions are great - as well as C&H Steakhouse on 59 just south of Murphy Road

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,547 Posts
Man where's Sonny Look's when you want it.

I'll second Lynn's for a good steak...but really...take her to Carmella's if you like Italian food and enjoy. ;)

TH

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Mrs has decided on Taste of Tejas

Thanks for the suggestions. The Henke's do grill up a good steak if I recall.

I had forgotten about Sonny Looks. That was a pretty decent place to eat way back, eh Martin? Also, we need to give Lynn's a try someday.

Western Sizzler? Jimminy Crickets, Shawn.......We weren't looking for an old piece of leather to gnaw on...... :D

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
You won't be disappointed and hope you enjoy....and since you have selected my suggestion what do I get??????????? j/k

Mike

Reactions: WBHB

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
WBHB said:
Eternal Thanks??? OK, look for one of those green thingy's........
Green thingy??? I was thinking more along the lines of a "to go dinner"!!!!!:D

J/k I don't want anything....just want ya'll to enjoy your time and celebrate each other. Congrats once again.

Mike

·
Just call me Breeze
17,288 Posts
The Filet at Carrabba's on Kirby is the best I have ever had. Along with the steamed mussels in garlic sauce. Man! T of Tx is awsome also! Makin me hungry! lol

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Mr. Breeze said:
The Filet at Carrabba's on Kirby is the best I have ever had. Along with the steamed mussels in garlic sauce. Man! T of Tx is awsome also! Makin me hungry! lol
You are right about Carabba's steak. It was very good the times I have eaten it. Pretty hard not to order Pasta Carraba though...mmmmmm!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Best on West Side

Tommy's Steakhouse on Westheimer accross Westheimer from Royal Oaks. One of the best in town. Piano Bar, great atmosphere.

Then Lynn's on Dairy Ashford

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I know when we hit 20 years (feels like its been 25) steak will be on the agenda, too. I'm not sure where she'll be going, but I'll hit a steakhouse fer sure.

Oh but seriously....Cafe Natalie on Hwy 90 near Pitts Rd. It is a very nice place and all ladies leave with a long stem rose. Ma really liked it and can't wait to go back.

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/eat002.asp?Z=&A=&H=0&N=cafe+natalie&S=N

Click on the reviews and if you click the address a map will pop up.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Steamboat House

This is more of a 20yr celebration place than any listed. I think this is exactly what you are looking for. VERY nice and EXTREMELY good service and food. I cut my Ribeye with a fork. Just under a "coat required" venue. You will really like the Texas History that covers the walls.

http://www.steamboathousetx.com/

·
Registered
782 Posts
I had a friend that worked at Lynn's. The owners of Taste of Texas ate there often. That ought to tell you something.

I will eat at Lynn's over any other steak house around that area...

Jason

·
Super Moderator
3,737 Posts
Don't be cheap WBHB......go all the way......Monday is Sirloin night at the Golden Corral!!

Whatever the choice, congrats to you and the little woman on 20 years of wedded bliss! Wishing you at least 30 more and may each one be better than the last! :fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts