2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one Know of someone that makes bucktail jigs. I am looking for 3 1/2 and 4oz jigs with a quality hook for snapper fishing. If you know someone send me a PM.

Thanks,
Eddie

·
Well, I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy
2,044 Posts
I make my own 3oz bucktail jigs. The only problem that I have is finding a super strong hook. I caught the grouper below with one of my home mades and as you can see in the second pic, the hook almost bent enough to send him back to the bottom. I have caught a lot of snaps with whem without any problems. I really have a good time tying them. It's fun to catch fish on something that you made yourself. I bought everytihng that I needed from www.barlowstackle.com . Here's a list of things you will need if you want to give it a try.

1. Electric melting pot

2. Do-It Mold (i like the 3oz round head)

3. Lead (only use quality lead - i use roof vents from the hardware store)

4. Hooks (the type will depend on your mold)

5. Large Bucktails (i like white, red, green, yellow and pink)

6. Bobin (holds the thread)

7. Thread (heavy duty)

8. Tying Vice

I you need help call Patrick Barlow @ Barlows Tackle. He is very helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rich

Hey Eddie,

I've got a simple, easy idea for you. Dress your stubby buddy up in a grass skirt, send him to the bottom, and tell him to wiggle his fingers.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trent D....I heard you had another hook problem with the beans and franks...Boy I'm going to need to get you a cup to go fishing. By the way we are going the Sat after Memorial if you want to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts