2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who needs a big girl mounted and I have no idea who he needs to take her to. He does not want to drive to far and he lives in San Antonio, does anyone have any recommendations?

·
1,674 Posts
Hey aggiechick,

There is one off of bandera and guilbeau in SA. Forgot the name but have had several people take fish there and they did a great job. Let me do a little research and get back to you.

J. Roman Fish Taxidermy

Address:

7958 Mainland Dr Ste 106
San Antonio TX 78250-5124
Contact Info:

Joseph Roman
Phone: 210-647-4736
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
875 Posts
Circle S Taxidermy in Helotes did a Redfish for me last year and they did an awesome job, a lot of people around here use her and I've always heard great things.

11595 Leslie Road, Helotes Texas. 78023
(210)695-9212

·
Registered
304 Posts
Aggiechick,

I know your looking for a local here in San Antonio, but I thought I would share this one with ya in case you guys don't find anything. I currently have a skin mount in process by a guy in Louisana. His name is Joe Strange...great guy. Some good friends of mine from Florida use him. He does excellent work...very established guy. He has won many awards for his work....with game, birds and fish. He is also very reasonable.

I'll post my mount when it's complete. I plan on picking it up in a couple of weeks. So far I'm very impressed. His redfish come out incredible. I pan on having him do a big center piece with a school of 3 or 4 reds in grass. I'm from San Antonio...he'll tell you how to prep and overnight the fish to him.

Here is a works in progress pic. It's only a 28" trout...not my biggest, but just want to see what his final product (trout) looks like in person before I send him a 30" plus.

His info:
Joe Strange
www.joestrangetaxidermy.com
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
thanks...like I said, Joe is very easy to work with. he is very creative...an artist. he will ask a bunch of questions in an effort to mimic the structure the fish was caught for you. he'll send you picture samples and he will ask you what you want before he does anything to the fish. he will update with pics along the way as well...from the time he unpacks the fish and starts thawing it out...to cleaning...forming..positioning... I have been very pleased with him. I feel like we are buds, and i've never seen the guy.

the only draw back is that he won't ship it back...it's a huge piece. we are going to meet up on the road halfway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts