2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a single axle 6'x10' (or thereabout) trailer to haul my golf cart, atv, or lawn mower around with. I've called around to a few places trying to find a tilt trailer because I thought it might be easier to load/unload and haul things that might be longer than 10' with. No one I've called has tilt trailers "that big" and one place told me that no one wants tilt trailers "that big" and he doesn't have any because they don't tow very well since the axle has to be so much further forward than a trailer with a gate on the back. Not sure if he was trying to sell me on whatever he has or if he was being truthful. So now I am on the fence as to whether I should keep looking for a tilt trailer or buy one with a gate on the back that lowers.

Anyone have any feedback on either a tilt trailer or a rear-gate trailer? Any differences in towing? Does having a gate on the back create a lot of extra drag when towing it?

Any advice on good shops to purchase from would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
try husky trailer or trailer wheel and frame over on 45 north and another one in bellville and ernest trailer sales in rosenberg on 90

·
Sea Ya
936 Posts
I've pulled both, buy one with the tailgate ramp, you will be happier. The larger tilts don't ditribute the weight evenly enough and sometimes have a tendency to whip a little.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll look into those places. I definitely need 6' of width because my mower has a 60" deck.

raz1056 said:
I've pulled both, buy one with the tailgate ramp, you will be happier. The larger tilts don't ditribute the weight evenly enough and sometimes have a tendency to whip a little.
This is the kind of feedback I was looking for, thank you. That's what one of the guys I talked to said.

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
i agree

raz1056 said:
i agree much better pull

·
Registered
54 Posts
Try the Trailerman at 281-380-4167. He has the best prices on trailers. I priced them for a couple months and no one could come close to his prices. He is located on the North side.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rsipps said:
Try the Trailerman at 281-380-4167. He has the best prices on trailers. I priced them for a couple months and no one could come close to his prices. He is located on the North side.
wow... just called them and they're the lowest by far. Thanks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Be sure to consider anything that you might be hauling on it in the future. I bought a 6 x 12 with the big ramp gate. I looked at several and some had thin metal and very light axles. Mine has the pipe top rail and a 3500# axle. Pulls great and will haul just about anything that will fit on it.

Bought mine at Take 3 Trailer in Brenham.

You definately get what you pay for.....Q

1 - 11 of 11 Posts