2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going on a Alaska Cruise this July. One of the stops is in Skagway, Alaska. And this stop is the only oppertunity I will have to fish. So I am looking for any recommendations for a fishing guide in that area. I want to fish streams for salmon or whatever is running using either fly or conventional tackle. I don't want to troll for fish because I want to enjoy the scenery.

Thanks in advance,
Ernest Cisneros

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just got back from Alaska and we fished in Jeanu, the ship should have numbers for charter boats. Plus if you pick an excursion the ship won't leave you behind like it did to a few people on our ship that ventured off with an excursion not sponsored by the Ship.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Fishing For Tips said:
I just got back from Alaska and we fished in Jeanu, the ship should have numbers for charter boats. Plus if you pick an excursion the ship won't leave you behind like it did to a few people on our ship that ventured off with an excursion not sponsored by the Ship.
Capt. Ernie,

Take "Fishing for Tips" advice.. ..There aren't really any bad fishing trips in Alaska..

You will see what I am talking about when you go..

The ship should let you keep you processed fish in the hold too..

What are you wanting to fish for? If you have a chance to fish for King Salmon..by all means go...Halibut too..if you don't have at least 100 lbs. of filets..you totally messed around..

I lived there for 2 years...There is nothing like fishing in Alaska

The fish are big....and plentiful..

JB

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
I for one promise not to catch all your fish while you are gone.:D Now some of the others.........I don't know.

Good luck Bro hope ya'll enjoy besides who wants to deal with all the traffic,tourneys,heat,etc........ anyway. Well maybe crazy folk like McT but that's a notha topic altogether.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
McTrout said:
Ugh, Capt. Ernest....

You can't go to Alaska then. We have way too many trips to run. Whatsamatter with you?

(can we come?)
That's what I was thinking ... it's prime Snook season. :confused: Must have been a heck of a cruise deal. Good luck, Ernest!!! Like others have said, all fishing is good in Alaska.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I will look into the posted links.

Fishing for tips that is great info. I would never have known that. Thanks.

I want to fish light tackle, sight casting if there is such a thing up there. Really the experience is what I am after. I don't want to bring any fillets home. I don't want to troll for fish. No oversize flounder please. Well on second thought I am fishing a tournament soon after. lol

No, Mike you can not go, there are hardheads in the water waiting for you to drop a line. They say those that catch hardheads are hardheads themselves.

My last July snook trip is the 19th and off with the family.

Brandon, I am doing great hope you are too. Keep an eye out you may be famous soon.

·
You dont think so...hide and watch!
97 Posts
Alaska trip

I went to alaska a couple of years ago for a 5 day fishing trip it is for sure the most beautiful place I have ever been by far. The guide service that we used was Tim Bergs. He has several lodges and has many, many guides that work for his outfit. You said that you were going to be on a ship but I dont think that would be a problem. Tim does all kinds of fishing, anything you can think of up there. Here is the link. www.alaskanfishing.com The people that he works with are first class, a great bunch of people. WHEN I get to go back one day (hopefully) then I will be using his outfit again.

Hope this helps,
EBF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts