2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Looking For A Dove Lease Within A 45 Minute Drive Of The Houston Area. Some Were Around Crosby Would Be Nice

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
look for a grass farmer out there - last name is Walton. He owns the feed store between Crosby and Huffman on FM2100. The feed store is north of Newport. He did day and season leases a fwe years back when I checked into that area - his season rates were very reasonable - something like $150 - $200 for the season.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
you may wanna try to find somewhere besides Walton, it hasn't been that great of hunting out there in a while. Are you just looking for a dove lease? The hunting around Devers is better and south is better. Some of the best hunting in the Crosby area is going to be Guss's lease( Cedar Bayou) but it runs quite a bit. He has over half of the Crosby Huffman area leased. Between Him and Murf there aint much left, the only thing is Los Potas( Forest West) gets Murfs land unless your good friends with him. Walton has some land but its real spotty right in the middle of all the rest of the property.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm about 70% sure that 2 buddies and I hunted a Walton day lease one day last season only to be skunked (missed both of the shots we took). That is only one day of the season, and if I remember correctly the weather wasn't all that great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts