2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have downsized our offices a bit. As a result, I am looking for a party to whom I can make a tax deductable donation of some of our excess furniture and eq. Specifically, I have three relatively nice conference room tables, some metal shelving, and misc. other stuff from a law office.

I need to dispose of the property in a manner that results in a tax deductable donation. Its not my personal stuff. If it were, I'd just give it away to anyone that can use it. Its not, so I need a legitimate charitable or tax deductable donation here.

Please advise if anyone knows an appropriate party.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
J dont you head up ....

man, I could use some metal shelving to organize my garage... :)
..... the Save the Sandollars Association - SSA:question:

Maybe that one never got off the ground .....

Ernest, we have donated furniture and just about anything else to Purple Heart - they will send a truck out and pick it up - you basically do nothing except make a phone call. Google them.... - Hevy

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Not sure if Shadman could use it ............ look him up!!

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More info - we are talking about major league furniture here. Big arse tables. Significant metal shelving. One must have a relatively large facility in order to accommodate this stuff. This is not stuff (generally speaking) one turns around and can sell to consumers.

The tables, for example, are of such a size that they will not fit in anything like a normal sized home. 10 x 3.5-4 foot one piece wood conference room tables. Requires a huge room.

So, while I appreciate the suggestions, this is not just call some folks and they send a truck or look up the local church kinda deal. I've done all that with no luck. I'm looking for a specific charity that can actually use the gear.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Ernest - if you are just looking to donate it, I can accept an in-kind donation and provide a receipt. I would likely then auction he items with proceeds going to CBTRF. If you require that the donation be made to an org that will use it themselves, we wouldn't be the right org for that. Let me know.

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
Be an Angel, look them up here in Houston,helps tons of kigd, hardly any admin costs, the place to help,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts