2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LIVE A GOOD LIFE!!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for something that me and about seven or eight buddies can go and spend the weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Jason,

I have a hunt that I can't go on in Dilly this weekend posted in the classifieds,

2 openings, lodging and meals are included friday evening October 3-Sunday 10-5 for $325.00 Per person.

Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested.

·
LIVE A GOOD LIFE!!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Topwater, I appreciate it but thats alittle too soon for me. I will ask around though.
Southtxfisherman, we will stay in a motel of there is one close by or I have an RV if we need it.

·
Live to fish, work to live
2,330 Posts
Hunted the S TX opener with Waterfowl Specialties out of El Campo and they had many dove. Price was $100 per day just for the hunting.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Aggiedan said:
Hunted the S TX opener with Waterfowl Specialties out of El Campo and they had many dove. Price was $100 per day just for the hunting.
Hunted with them last Friday afternoon. Birds were mostly gone. 5 shooters / 29 doves. Mostly high passing shots. Little front might have brought some new birds in, but it was slim last Friday.

·
Live to fish, work to live
2,330 Posts
harrisr70 said:
Hunted with them last Friday afternoon. Birds were mostly gone. 5 shooters / 29 doves. Mostly high passing shots. Little front might have brought some new birds in, but it was slim last Friday.
Got the pass to fish next weekend. Come on.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If you don't mind spending $700-$750/head for a South Texas dove hunt, I've got someone for you.

Friday afternoon / Saturday (morning & evening, if needed) / Sunday (morning only).
Lodging, food & all you care to drink included.

I've used these guys for 13 years and never had a bad trip. They have hundreds of thousands of acres to hunt and are still willing to go out and lease a hot field for my clients, just to make the hunt a success. They can handle up to 30 people or more, if needed. I usually take 10-20 clients and we have great hunts.

I have another friend in the Uvalde area that will rent his 1,800 acre ranch (with 1-1/2 miles of private access only Frio River) if you prefer to do your own cooking. He's got 2 houses, one sleeps up to 12 and the other sleeps up to 20. Some bird hunting on the ranch, but often have to go "rent a field" for the day to get really hot action.

Send me a PM if you want their info.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
DOVE HUNTING

Acually this is a good time to go back over some old hunting spots. I took a nephew out Sunday afternoon in Brookshire after the Texan game. After driving to several spots got out to my favorite goatweed patch. I talked to another guide brushing blinds on Saturday & he only saw a few birds. I started walking toward my favorite spot & jump about 200 hundred doves. Now all I need is for them to hold until Sundays hunt.

So have a keen eye scouting birds.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You can send me a PM if you are still interested. I wanted to get out there and hunt to make sure the birds were still around, as of Friday they still were. We have lodging but it is minimal right now(as far as number of people in AC), but there is everything else you could need: restroom facilities and full outdoor covered kitchen ect. Come Spring we are expanding and putting in 4 camp houses. I would like to start selling hunts of all kinds hog, deer, dove, duck, even sandhill crane. We could also do bowfishing, regular fishing, skeet shooting, 4wheeler trails. I just have to get and idea of interest for this area.(Goliad County, Schroeder area)
Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts