2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Look What I Got For My B-Day

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Bubbaette 
#1 ·
My husband pretended to be taking me to lunch today and swung into the Tops & Towers parking lot real quick and said

"Hey, that looks just like your boat".

Sure enough there it sat with 5 new SS rodholders on each side. Plus I got a "bonus" SS koozie holder on the hand rail (thanks to Bobby Byrd, Jeff & Pat).

We had been using the little white "suction cup" PVC rod holders that kept falling off. They were suppose to be temporary but we had them for 2 years.

Can't wait to go try them out; however, hubby is still modifying the low water pickup and has the lower unit off the boat. Guess, I'll just have to wait.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
The low water pickup is from Bob's Machine in Florida (I think it's called a Big Foot). He put it on himself last year and didn't like the way it looked so he took it off and is putting it back on a different (better) way. My theory is "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but that's not his. Will have to be patient until he gets it finished.

#14 ·
dadgumit, your hubby is raising the bar waaay to high for the rest of us guys. We are gonna have to talk to him about that - makes the rest of us look bad or sumtin. :)

Congrats on the rod holders - you have a very nice looking rig! I know that's a BD present you will get a LOT of use out of!

#16 ·
Newbie, yes that must have been us your were following. Just got the boat back from Top & Towers and were taking it back to storage. As I mentioned, he is working on the low water pickup and that is why it was missing it's lower unit.

Can't wait to get to go out again. Really can't wait until I can run the thing by myself. Still a little much for me to handle without freaking out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.