2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband pretended to be taking me to lunch today and swung into the Tops & Towers parking lot real quick and said

"Hey, that looks just like your boat".

Sure enough there it sat with 5 new SS rodholders on each side. Plus I got a "bonus" SS koozie holder on the hand rail (thanks to Bobby Byrd, Jeff & Pat).

We had been using the little white "suction cup" PVC rod holders that kept falling off. They were suppose to be temporary but we had them for 2 years.

Can't wait to go try them out; however, hubby is still modifying the low water pickup and has the lower unit off the boat. Guess, I'll just have to wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
super sweet..

They look great on the boat you got a great hubby.... See ya on the water.. Nice trans.........Spotted Ape out...........

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
looks great...happy b-day btw. nice looking rig.

mike

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Hey girl, that is sweet! Thoughtful guy you got there.

Hope he's provided you some rods and reels that are worthy of being in those fine holders. ;) LOL (If not, Send him shopping again!)

Congrats, and happy birthday again.

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bay Gal. Yes, I have what I think to be rods and reels worthy. I have a 50mg on a Laguna Wader and a Shimano Digital TE 100DC on a BillyStix. Hubby takes pretty good care of me.

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Bubbaette said:
Thanks Bay Gal. Yes, I have what I think to be rods and reels worthy. I have a 50mg on a Laguna Wader and a Shimano Digital TE 100DC on a BillyStix. Hubby takes pretty good care of me.
Shoot! You're spoiled just right... ;)

He done good, and you're all set!

Now, get that bote in the water, and show us some fish! LOL

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Awesome....glad it was a special day...Cudos to Hubby

·
Keep on Keeping on....
1,835 Posts
ROCKIN', they look good. I am going to make some for mine too. I want to see the intake modifications FOR SHUREEEEE! Tell him to take some pictures and like a step by step process... Happy Birthday btw.

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The low water pickup is from Bob's Machine in Florida (I think it's called a Big Foot). He put it on himself last year and didn't like the way it looked so he took it off and is putting it back on a different (better) way. My theory is "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but that's not his. Will have to be patient until he gets it finished.

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
Very nice. T&T did all my metal work, and after 6 years it still looks and performs great.

·
Registered
276 Posts
boat

Is that a TransCat? I was following one in Friendswood Wednesday afternoon that was missing the lower unit from an E-TEC 225 I believe. Nice boat if that's the one.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
WOW! It sounds like you had an EXCELLENT birthday. And you've already got quite a CATCH! Congrats.

·
Registered
466 Posts
dadgumit, your hubby is raising the bar waaay to high for the rest of us guys. We are gonna have to talk to him about that - makes the rest of us look bad or sumtin. :)

Congrats on the rod holders - you have a very nice looking rig! I know that's a BD present you will get a LOT of use out of!

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Girl, that was awesome, only us fisher girls can appreciate tackle and supplies like that. Happy Belated Birthday, looks like you had a great birthday.May the Lord bless you today and always.

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Newbie, yes that must have been us your were following. Just got the boat back from Top & Towers and were taking it back to storage. As I mentioned, he is working on the low water pickup and that is why it was missing it's lower unit.

Can't wait to get to go out again. Really can't wait until I can run the thing by myself. Still a little much for me to handle without freaking out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts