2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mint long shaft 2000 200 hp. Johnson Ocean Pro with 120 hours on it and was wondering if it is possible to change it to a short shaft and if anyone knew what something like that would cost. Thanks for any info.

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
If you could find a short shaft motor with a blow powerhead that would be your best bet. If it were me I'd sell it and find a short shaft. Or you could put it on your boat with a jack plate. Might look kinda funny and add extra weight but, it's an idea.
--Hop

·
Registered
381 Posts
Clamp Bracket...Can(Midsection)...cut and respline driveshaft. Just those three items and your good to go. However, those items ain't cheap.

Hope gave you some good advice. Unfortunately, most that just blow a powerhead up opt for a re-build or re-manufactured powerhead and retain those parts you would be looking for. You may get lucky though. Give Acie's Outboards a call and he may point you in the right direction.

Dale

·
Registered
822 Posts
Contact Dean @ Shaver Street Marine!! He has an array of parts, he will get you what you need and will have the best price in town!!!

Good luck brother!

Regards,
Topwater

1 - 7 of 7 Posts