2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired and working
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some solar screens installed on the front of my house before Ike came in. They did geat and I am having more put in as soon as I can get them here to do it. When I do business with someone and they give me a good product with good workmanship I sing their praises.....that being said, Lone Star Solar Screens 281-807-0900 did a good job for me. If you are thinking about this product give them a call.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I'd like to 2nd Lonestar Screens. I've had them on for about 8 years and they keep the house cool and electric bill down. (Easy maintenance too)
I'll go ahead and give them credit for Ike protection. (I relied on them and my storm windows instead of boarding up like 5 of my neighbors) No damage to me, but 2 neighbors had some. One was self-inflicted when installing the board / The other we think something hit the board and the impact cracked the pane.

It's been over 8 years, but I have 42 windows and don't recall it being over $50 a window or over $2,000. (But inflation since then)

·
Retired and working
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a two story house....eleven total windows on the front and two of them have high arches on top. I am paying 500 for all of them and they have the grid on them. You can get them cheaper with no grid. My bid was about 350 for no grid but I wanted the grid. My light bill has already dropped from the July to August bill. Those months were very comparable in heat and when compared to my last year's energy use I dropped. I was skeptical at first but they look good and it is obvious that they will pay for themselves.

·
Retired and working
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also.....life time warranty to the purchaser for as long as you own your home. It does not matter what happens....they will honor it.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Sounds about right. I did the grids too.
They told me the same thing on warranty. At this rate, I guess they will out live me.

·
Banned
296 Posts
I will be the third to say Lone Star is good. I have used them twice and have neighbors that used htem as well. I feel lik ethey went up on prices but the work is GREAT and would highly recommend them to anyone..... Subsea78

1 - 9 of 9 Posts