2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rattle snake AL
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way into Llano to get some Coopers BBQ I pulled off the road to take a couple of pictures of this Eagle. I took these pictures with my camera all the way zoomed up and through my binoculars. Only in America do you get to see this.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Nice to see the eagles doing well. I am seeing more and more of them.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Impressive. We go by there every time we go to the lease but never remember to take any optics. Figure folks might get a little upset if we started looking at them with our rifle scopes.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've noticed more eagles in the last few years here in east Texas. I hope were seeing a trend. Always gives me pause when I see one. Few animals seems as majestic in the wild.

I had an frightening experience a year or so ago. I was driving crossing the Angelina River bottom just after daylight heading for an early morning fishing trip on Lake Pinkston. There was some sort of road kill right at the edge of the road with a large bird feeding. No problem. Move over a bit. The buzzard would hop away from the road. It wasn't a buzzard. A grown eagle flew into the path of my truck. In blind panic I stomped the brake. I remember the windspan of the bird the bird exceeding the width of the windshield. The small details of the white of the head and tail feathers just inches from the glass. Then I was stopped. In the middle of the road, but the bird wasn't hit. It flew away.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've noticed more eagles in the east Texas area too. Used to fish a small private lake in the BlackJack area, and saw a nesting pair of eagles last time I was there back in the spring time.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Ive only seen a few of them in the wild. Nice camera/bino trick by the way. They are majestic birds, thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
were around llano is this eagle generally seen at. we go through town on the way to our lease as well and have never heard of one out there. hopefully will be going up for last weekend of season and would love to see it. Thanks. MIKE

·
Registered
200 Posts
were around llano is this eagle generally seen at. we go through town on the way to our lease as well and have never heard of one out there. hopefully will be going up for last weekend of season and would love to see it. Thanks. MIKE
I believe the it is on 29 between fuzzy's corner and LLano, about 5-7 miles before you get to Llano on the left hand side, you can't miss it, they now have roadside parking, so you don't have to worry about getting hit like you used to. There used to be three that hung hung out in that tree. about 8 or 9 years ago, I stopped and looked at their little family they had. I was able to see the little ones heads sticking out above the nest. a very cool site

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Great shot of the eagle and thanks for sharing.
This morning while getting ready for church a buddy calls me knowing I like to bird watch and says there is an eagle perched in Baytown by the Goose Creek stream where Decker Dr. and Park street are. I finish my morning activities and head that way and sure enought there is an eagle. I go to church and tell a friend and he immediately tells me that he saw one yesterday near by in town. After all these years of birding I never saw one south of Lake Bucannon. Big old birds. Gary

·
Rattle snake AL
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
East of Llano about 10 miles off of hwy 29 to the south.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts