2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished about a 150 yards closer to the dam from GG and started cacthing fish immediatly after anchoring. More and more boats started showing up as the day grew on. It got to a point you had to look at the people in the PB's and wait for the precise time to cast so you wouldn't hang up with their lures. The day was awesome. I met Gatorgar, mattfishin, and saltwatersoul on the water today. Saltwatersoul also was in his kayak. He had only picked up a couple of fish closer to the dam, so as he came over by me I told him to drop anchor I was on top of them. He started catching fish right and left after that. I had a limit after about two hours and threw back at least a dozen or more over the next thirty minutes and called it a day. Fished total for about 2.5 hrs. Thanks for the pics Gatorgar. I added one I took at the house.

Attachments

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She opened the cooler and shouted awe you suck, I knew I should have went! She will be with me in the morning lol

·
Banned
764 Posts
Saw you on the water today Fishin' Soldier glad to see you got in on the WB action.We had a runnin with the pantoon boat that had about 5 people in it.What ever happened to common courtesy.They decided to come and park right in front of where we were casting, go figure.Still had a productive day

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Saw you on the water today Fishin' Soldier glad to see you got in on the WB action.We had a runnin with the pantoon boat that had about 5 people in it.What ever happened to common courtesy.They decided to come and park right in front of where we were casting, go figure.Still had a productive day
You must be talkin about dem black folks that was on the pontoon.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw the pontoon boat over there longhorn. I also saw all the boats that were in ya'lls area. I had some asian's ease in right behind me and one of there jigs actually hit my yak! I looked over he just raised a hand as if that was an apology. These guys didn't know but I was getting a quick trend of these fish. They were hanging right on the outside of the current flow for the most part. They are all up and down that area from ramp to dam and probably even further down river. I will be back in the morning with the ol' lady she is itchin to go now!

·
Adrenaline Junkie *******
992 Posts
Soldier, Do not feel like you are the only one with a wife like that. When I got home Saturday from fishing with Matt she was mad!:hairout: LOL

I never knew that pretty little mouth could say such dirty words! LOL Now she wants in on the action but she does not handle the cold very well. Sucks to be her is what I said to her.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wife wants to go but if conditions are less than ideal or the fishing slow she is griping and wanting to leave. Tomarrow it seems like everything will be fine. Almost 60 degrees...and the fishing is HOT!!! This should keep her content.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I tore in to them right after you left. I ended up with 20 most fish were about 14 to 15 in 16in being the biggest. I left them biting cuz these rude asians kept passing close by me in there boat creating alot of waves. I felt like I ws gonna tip over. Good luck tomorrow!!!!

·
Banned
764 Posts
Hey Gator Gar that was the pontoon i was refering to.The saw us catching fish and pulled right in front where i was casting.I kept my mouth quit and kept reminding myself that integrity is worth more than a fish

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great job Saltwatersoul glad you caught some fish. I grilled some tonight with gfilled veggies, and homemade crab cakes. It was excellant.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
We about had our anchor ropes cut when another boat cut right in front of us and parked less than 30ft away right where we were casting. 20 yrs ago it would have been ugly.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Saltwatersoul, I was catchin crappie and looked down that way and told my friend that was really stupid what they did with you in that yak. I was hoping you were hangin on and we didn't have to come pull you out of the water. They could have at least slowed down.

Matt

·
Banned
764 Posts
I understand that everybody wants to get in on the action but as many fish that are out we dont have to be put in danger because of lack of common courtesy.Mattfishing where were these brave souls last friday when the wind was howling and or rod guides were icing over?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts