2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SLIME ON THE LINE
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was catfishing free lining cut bait and caught 2 nice 23 in. stripers in about 3-4 ft of water yesterday. Pictures posted in the catfish lounge. This is the same spot SS and I caught some last winter.5 miles north of 190 .I don't know but maybe the are heading up river. There is a lot of shad in the river channel and coves off the channel. I put a 5 inch live gizzard shad on and had a good run but didn't hook up.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,896 Posts
Great report Dbullard. That was probably a good striper that took your live gizzard too...at least I'd like to think so.

I would bet money whites are to Centerville in good numbers, just need conditions right. I am not a gambler by the way.
WBF, hope you get out there, find them and post up. I've been looking south of Riverside twice in the last week but no cigar. Going to try again next week. Another friend has been working the same area and hasn't found them yet either....but we'll keep looking. They were in this same area this time last year.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
I have caught a few in Kickapoo crappie fishing the last few trips, small males, and was pretty sure I saw them on the sonar up WRC a week ago.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Hey Matts, can you get a boat into Bedias without running up fron Riverside?
Never fished that far up but I would like to take a look. Is there road access to the creek? It sure looks long and very crooked on the Google map.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I launch my Kenner at the mouth of Bedias where it meets the Trinity. People with kayaks slide them down into Bedias at highway 247 above Bedias Creek shoals and go down. I go up 45 and take a right on 2989 north of Huntsville and then a left on 247. Its a long boat ride up the Bedias but it is worth it. You can launch at Pete's or use the free county ramp. Pete's is $5 but the ramp is in good shape. The county ramp needs some work on it since the floods the other day. Bedias is long and crooked and has a LOT of alligators in it. When it warms up around march and april you will see a lot of gators. I got some really good pictures of them last year.

Matts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If ya'll remember my post of all the stripers i was catching South of the Big bridge in Onalaska on my trotlines and otherwise. Well, I haven't seen a Striper in a good month, so they have deffinately move somewhere. The bulk of them have, anyway. Bound to be North.

·
GRAY GHOST HUNTER
863 Posts
Greens to ya

Good job DB, you will have SS not knowing what he wants to fish for, or where at by pulling out those lost grey ghost stripers! Good catch!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
If the river gets up a little (5-7 ft,) the fish will get up the river faster and they'll be thicker in numbers too, esspecially the stripes. When the river falls to normal (8-15 ft.at the locks) maybe around mid Jan. Feb. it'll be hogs at the trough. With the river having pretty good water flow last month it should be a good year anyway on all fish types. I've got my tackle ready and only lack finishing my L4 rod (Light Lake Livingston Launcher) in case I make a stop below the the dam. Seeing I like to eat on a regular basis work has me tided up right now.

·
SLIME ON THE LINE
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good job DB, you will have SS not knowing what he wants to fish for, or where at by pulling out those lost grey ghost stripers! Good catch!
Mega ole SS got a couple while we were drift fishing one day last week and looked like a kid in a candy store !!! LOL Looked like he found his long lost children.
tree damage 005.jpg

·
GRAY GHOST HUNTER
863 Posts
Like a Blind Squirrel with an acorn ,Good fish, glad to see them fish didnt make it to the tailrace!!! Looks like that Realtree is working out reel good for ya Loy!!!

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Yep, Loy will be like a dog chasing his tail. He will be crappie drifting for blue stripers at Riverside Pine Island state park. LOL <G>

I'll bet he catches some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts