2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to go see how bad it was on the main lake. I found it soon as I left the ramp at Wolf Creek. Rafts of debris everywhere some small some huge. I decided to take it easy and head to 190 area and a 6 mile trip probably was about 9 because of all the turning to dodge trees and limbs everywhere. Finally made it to 190 and the water was terrible. Just cruised up the roadbed with nothing showing on the graph (if it registers through chocalate milk LOL). Trolled for about 30 min and not one bite. First time to be shut out this year. Seen a couple of boats anchored up fishing the bridges and didn't see one fish caught. If my boat goes north again this year it will be the river or white rock or kickapoo. Thankfully no prop damage.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
FA, that is what I found as well the last time I went out, giving up on the white bass until they show up in the spawning stage areas, and creeks to spawn. Looks like crappie and catfish for a while.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is tough but I can't complain I personnally had the best year of ever on the lake. Just hope next year is a repeat.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
I'll second that FA, it has been the best summer in the lake that I can remember. The white bass held up very well with a lot of pressure, and then we had the best striper bite I can remember since the first year I fished the lake.
I too am hoping that next summer will be as good.
Very soon the whites will be staging around the creek mouths and then going up to spawn, lets hope we continue to get some decent rains to put them in the mood for traveling.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
FA, thanks for the report. As the flow is reduced the current will not control the junk pile so much. These north winds two days and then south again will insure that it is going to spread all over the lake all winter. There are thousands of cords of drift wood piled on the 190 bridge levee. Any waves hitting at an angle will wash that stuff back in the lake also.
Most of the big boat killers that I have seen are riding high in the water. Those will take manot have it any other way.ny moons to water log and sink.
With so many miles of bulkhead there are not many places for them to beach and hang up.
Looks like mother nature is changing the fishing rules and upping the ante.
Would not have it any other way. Would not be much of a sport if you did not risk life and limb every time you launched your boat. LOL <G>

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,896 Posts
Looks like mother nature is changing the fishing rules and upping the ante. <G>
Keeps things interesting...but change produces opportunities. The crappie fishing is as good as it gets and I doubt it would be that good without all the changes from Mother Nature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts