2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whites were as thick as fleas on a dawgs back down there today. I went to church this morning and kept thinkin about the dam. Got there and the whites were goin crazy. After culling out a limit of smaller whites I went to catch some blues and ended up catchin some really nice black crappie. Saw Meadowlark down there also. Caught the whites and crappie on a small crankbait.

Matt

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Matt, where the crappie up in the chute? No stripers?
Ha, I knew you couldn't stay away.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I couldn't stay away. I thought about the dam while I was at church this morning. I did catch a few crappie in my cast net at the chute and yes I did release them. The crappie were near the cable. Big black crappie. I didn't fish for stripers. I was watching but didn't see any caught while I was there.

Matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
WTG Matt. I could tell you were gonna kick some WB tail when I was talking to you at Browders. It was nice to meet you. I think I'll try your secret weapon next time I go below the dam. I'll get it figured out before long.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,910 Posts
The whites are really in there thick....glad you got into 'em.

The striper action seemed to be more early while I was out.

I didn't get any crappie where I was working the west side of the channel flow...but noticed some boats up in fairly shallow water catching a bunch of fish...maybe those were crappie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts