2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gar have almost taken the lake over and I dislike them.
Now for the report, I did find some willing catfish this morning. They were biting whole small shad pretty well, I put 18 in the box by 10;45 when I ran out of shad.
I took a picture of the blue cats on the screen as they went by the boat, when I saw a screen like this both of the rods would get slammed pretty quick.
Rectangle Font Display device Art Tints and shades
Food Fin Fish Seafood Cuisine

·
Registered
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were roaming up high in the water column and when I would cast as they came by they would hit the shad on the way down and be hooked up before I could put the rod in a holder.
Funny the screen would look like the Mojave dessert then it would fill up with shad and game fish, and then back to nothing quick.

·
Registered
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's shad being chased by catfish coming up off of the bottom, looks like they are being chased right into some more hungry jaws.. In those pictures the live well was running so there is a lot of artifact, )the dots that look like rain in the background).
I believe all of the game fish you can see are catfish.
In 23' FOW you can see
Gadget Communication Device Rectangle Computer Output device
Liquid Amber Automotive lighting Rectangle Paint

·
Registered
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The next day I took a customer and his two sons, who have fished with me quite a few times over the years.
We kept twenty bluecats, today I took BBJim and he kept about a dozen with a couple of 4#ers in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts