2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to convert my 24v Minn Kota Terrova from 2 lead-acid batteries to LiFePO4.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Which brand? Lithium Pro, Dakota, Ampowsure, etc.
2.Would you go with one 24v battery or use two 12v batteries?
3.Which brand charger would you use? I can't seem to find one that can be mounted under my console.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a Monster Marine 24v 60ah and love it. Bluetooth so I can check the battery level on my phone. They sell their own onboard charger and as far as chargers go it’s small. My boat is one year old and about 180hrs on it lots of river/icw trips with strong current fishing 6-7hrs a day and the lowest I’ve ran it down is 26%. Most normal half day bay /marsh trips it never gets below 80%. If I remember right it’s right at 31lbs.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I took a huge chance and got a 36v off of Amazon at a big discount price wise. Ive had it a year now and so far , so good.

Time will tell I suppose. ( Im a casual angler and couldnt justify the cost of the "good stuff" )

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,903 Posts
I have a 36v Lithium Pro, with a Blue Seas ACR to manage the charging system. I love getting space back under my console, weight savings, longer life battery, and an improved charging system. YellowSkeeter fixed me up. Previously had a 4-bank onboard charger. Now I have a smaller 2 bank onboard charger, plus the ACR.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Monster Marine 24v 60ah and love it. Bluetooth so I can check the battery level on my phone. They sell their own onboard charger and as far as chargers go it’s small. My boat is one year old and about 180hrs on it lots of river/icw trips with strong current fishing 6-7hrs a day and the lowest I’ve ran it down is 26%. Most normal half day bay /marsh trips it never gets below 80%. If I remember right it’s right at 31lbs.
Just got mine new with Monster 36v 40ah, with the charger 115 plug, not sure how often to charge. I was thinking I should have got the on board charger too but the Power Pole charger appears to be a beast.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just got mine new with Monster 36v 40ah, with the charger 115 plug, not sure how often to charge. I was thinking I should have got the on board charger too but the Power Pole charger appears to be a beast.
I have my charger mounted under the console. I normally just plug it in the night before. It turns off once it’s charged and they claim it only takes 6hrs to fully charge if it’s at zero.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Call Kenny and talk with him. I have a 24 volt trolling motor and for my set up he recommended 2 12v lithium.
Thx
Not sure who Kenny is.
2 24volt lithium, why not not the 24v single lithium. I would think the purpose to go lithium is less weight, less wiring and longer lifetime, better warranty with 2 lithium price wise did it make sense cost vs 1 24 volt lithium?
Did he specify why he recommended it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts