2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered a new Sustain FE 4000 today, should be here by next Wednesday. I would like to spool it with quality line to be able to get the most out of the reel. I will be spooling one spool with Sufix 30 lb perf Braid... There are a lot of opinions on braid, but I have tried this brand and like it, so why change to something I may not like?....

But on the second spool, I am open for suggestions... I had tried Berkley flourocarbon (their premium model, don't remember the name)on a previous reel, but was overall not happy with it... to much line memory, got stiff after a while, poor castability. Don't know if it was the brand or just because it was flourocarbon...

Even though I tried to make myself like it I found I was always using the braid, and the flourocarbon just sat in my tackle box...

Some others I have used in the past were Berkley IronSilk, yozuri hybrid...

Bottom line, I would like something to complement the braid and provide smooth casatbility, low memory and a little stretch when braid is not appropriate.

Will primarily be using the extra spool for soft plastics (saltwater) and a small jighead.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

:brew2:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very Familiar

Thanks for the reply...

I lived in South Florida for a lot of years, and used Ande pink on ALL my offshore rods... Great for trolling and drift fishing!!.... but I don't know how it would do for Castability, flexibility etc.

Ande pink has been around for years and is great for the price, but I was looking for more of a new technology to go with my high tech reel...:wink:

Oh yeah, the flourocarbon I had tried was Berkley Professional Grade.. not too happy with it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
25 lb?

regular 25 lb suffix
Isn't 25# a little heavy for this reel? I know Suffix makes great line, my buddy really likes the Siege...

I think I am going to try the Seaguar Invisx Flourocarbon, just to give Flourocarbon one more try... I still would like to get suggestions from this post for future purchases.

Thanks everyone.

·
wishin I was fishin
1,283 Posts
power pro 30# just wrap it tight thats all I use on my stella.. You know shimano now makes power pro right? Gotta figure they bought the best line for there own reels.

Shimano, Power Pro and GLoomis Product Support Forum Sponsored by Shimano American Corporation (949) 951-5003 Irvine, CA 92618

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
my stella 4000 has 20 lb powerpro on it. I use 30lb on my stella 8000 for sharks and tarpon. 30 lb is a heavy line for such a small reel in my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts