2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's preference on line color for trolling rods, and, more importantly, why is it your preference? I need to spool some new 50s and I am thinking about the Ande high-vis yellow, but dont want to spook anything in the process. I have always used clear line in the past.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the ande pink on my trolling rods. Not a good idea. It is great in the water, but you cannot see it out of the water much past the transom. Lines seem to tangle alot.

I went to the Red Cajun Line in early April hoping that I would have the best of both worlds. Hi-Viz when out of the water and invisible in the water. Well . . . it is not as easy to see behind the boat as I was expecting, I am not sure what it looks like under the water. I have little experience with big fish trolling, yet. The only problem I have noticed when rig fishing is the memory in the line. When you break an AJ off you have to cut the last 10-15 feet of line off because of the memory. That may mean that it is really stout. I just have not had the opportunity this spring/summer to get out and catch enough fish to have a report on it.

When I respool my trolling rigs later this year or early next, I will go with the Ande Hi-Viz yellow.
---------------kyle

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I have always used clear or clear blue and never have a prob seeing the line. Get some good polarized shades. They help. I use costa del mar blue mirror when it is cloudy and green mirror when the sun is out w/ little cloud cover. They make a huge difference. Once you go to good polarized glasses it is like a whole new world opens up and you will never want to not wear them.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i use all kinds of line and all kinds of colors. makes it easy to figure out what line goes to what reel when you tangle up your baits. and that is when you tangle your baits and you will. tie a bimini and add a wind on leader and go fish. most lines are available in several colors.....rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts