2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tabkha, The Ultimate Day Fishing
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are your favorite lines? Line Color? Light, medium tackle? Artificial or live?
But most importantly, Why?

I like p-line(moss, 12#) and cajun(duh, 14#), mainly fish with med tackle and am moving from live to artifical(VERY SLOWLY). I fish with this set up because it is what I have and I am moving to artificals because I want to improve what I am doing.

I know, wrong forum. please move me.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
pline braided. Anything braided will make you a better fisher. You can feel the strike so much more. Feel when you hit the bottom. Make sure you get the one where the diameter is 10 or 12lb so it doesnt get stuck at the bottom Good luck!

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
12# Iron Silk - Green and 30# Power Pro or Suffix Siege.....if your learning arties the Braid will definetley help you out, the feel is out of this world.

·
Member & custom beer can crusher
28 Posts
Stren High Impact flourecent green 10#....tried a bunch of lines but this by far is strong and the castability is great. I use a very small barrel swivel and 30# clear leader for fishing around shell and sharp teeth. The 10# test allows you to cast further. Definately artificial....simply because of the challenge. 7 ft. med-light pole to help casting and allow for more give w/ the 10# test. Just purchased on of the new Chronarchs and it's nice.....Just my 2cent.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
what I use

Stren High Impact 10 lb test lo-vis green. Casts great, knots hold perfect.
#10 spro swivel. 20 lb p-line flourocarbon 18" leader. loop knot to lure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Choice

Ande's Tournament Green 20#-12# (have down sized over the last 15yrs) and love it. Flourocarbon leader 20# and maybe some brass and glass jewlery, depending on current strength. Have used for many years, and been lucky enough to lose very few fish due to line breakage. PowerPro 80# for Offshore, and have been very impressed with that as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try Ande Braided.

I use ANDE braided 20lbs. Works better that Power pro, Seems it looses its strength when it starts to change color, (6months) and spider wire likes to bundle up on the spool. Ande seems to cast better with less messes. Have to order it online to find it though. Ordered mine from Tuppens in Fla.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts