2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sharks on the North Jetty.

Went fishing this Saturday at the North Jetty with my husband and one of his buddies. Went all the way to the end of the Jetty. We pulled in 4 nice size sharks. Didn't get anything until after 12:00 or so. Husband had a 5ft+ shark on the line, my husband pulled it up to the boat (the thing was huge) and the guy using the gaff got the line and not the shark. Needless to say it is what we like to call a quick catch and release. I got my first shark. Didn't have a bite all day and about 30 minutes before we left, I heard that exciting clicking noise. I was thinking a hard head because it wasn't running the way sharks usually do. Just kind of pecking at it. Once it grabbed it, didn't fight too much. It was swimming right towards the boat. Of course once we saw it top the water, it started getting really mad and splashing and pulling. Thought it was going to break my pole, so I had to play his little game and then finally show him who was boss! That was the most exciting thing. Told my husband he has a fishing buddy for life. Now if we can get our boat running 100%. After a nice day of fishing, we had to be towed in. It's a trip I wont forget. My biggest fish ever!

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Correct. 24" minimum and 1 per day.
K.SCHACKAI said:
1 A Day And I Belive They Have To Be 24ins....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were in a Four Winns getting tugged in to the Yacht club. It was sad... we looked like that other boats dingy :)

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
that's good.

we came in at the north jetty ramp and there was a Robalo (festooned in A&M gear) and a Wellcraft (in UT gear) blocking both ramps due to boat problems.

I had to ask who towed in who :rotfl:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank goodness we didn't block any ramps. The guy towed us up close to the ramps, and we were able to start it long enough to get it on the trailer. Ran into one guy that was using the ramp, and he pulled his boat out and just sat there. Started cleaning out his boat, prepping it for the ride home. We kind of got a little mad. I haven't been out on a boat that much, and even I know you don't hog up a ramp by cleaning your stuff. He could have pulled up about 15 feet and he would have been out of the way. My husband asked him if he wouldn't mind moving so we could pull up our trailer and he just looked at him and said in a minute.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts