2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
do these lillies have a scent? i think they are the same ones we get here and call 'Christmas Lillies' as they are around, obviously, at Christmas time.

i hope you managed to get them into the vase without getting any of the dusty stuff on you or your clothes. it can be wicked fun trying to get it off.

i love the lighting and composition, love the background and the semi-quirky cam angle on the photos with the whole vase.

there is a slight tilt 'feel' to the whole vase shots. i'm not sure if it is the vase itself or the cam angle, or the angle of the stems.

i love the close up too. a possible improvement might be to try and make that central stick thing (sorry - mind blank now for the correct name) more obvious. it almost gets 'lost' against the others. perhaps if the camera were angled so the central thing was showing against the white petal...? not sure, just thinking out loud. :)

by the way. beautiful, utterly beautiful photos.

rosesm

·
Look in the inside of a person for love
860 Posts
Beautiful lillies. One on my favs. You sure are a wonderful husband. Hope she enjoys them.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thank you very much Rendon. I try to be a good husband because my wife is such a great wife and she deserves it. Now here are a few other closeups that you asked for Karen. At least one of them is anyway. The others are just something else I came up with.

·
richg99
6,866 Posts
GN Great shots...The lighting makes them even better than just the subject....

Now then, you could have saved some money and just taken the pix and brought them to her....nah....you'd be in DEEEEEEP trouble if you tried that.
I met your wife and she seemed really nice. Hope to see all of you in a couple of months back in Houston. We are going to have a back-yard BBQ...
regards, Rich

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
wow see i knew you'd be able to do it. awesome. that's one thing i wish i could get right with my camera... being able to have the clear and the blurred closer together. with my point and shoot, the distance doesn't seem far enough... i've found i like the ability of good blur in the background - sorry i bet that doesn't make sense...

anyway, excellent closeups. (isn't it wonderful the way the unexpected suprises us?)

k
ps i'm jealous of the bbq

rosesm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts