2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the pier tonight with some friends just to relax and chill. Well we got there and not withing 5 minutes these people about 5 yards away. pull in a 25 in trout.. Amazing so im sitting here thinkin maybe we will not just sit here and eat seeds and talk. Next thing you know everyone on taht pier crammed into a 20 yard spot casting to the lights. I have no clue what this asian lady had on her pole that was diffrent than us. But every cast for the next 20 minutes yielded a fish. While no one else even had a bite. It was crazy she was the only one catching fish and just couldnt figure out why. Same bait and everything. fished there for 1 more hour and i managed a 12 inch dink and thats it. The lady and her husband walked away behind us with 2 limits and a 26 inch trout.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's amazing how that works sometimes.Had it happen twice to us this year.Once with my buddie,he was tired so he just layed out on the bow of my boat and caught 2 to our 1 all day.Another was my father in law,He sat in the back corner of the boat casting maybe 15' out and did the same thing.My buddie even potlicked him not 5' away and it made no difference.Go figure.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
think it might had to do with her leader. we were using leaders rigged already from a popping cork. While she was using a cork but with regular fishin line under it.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Maybe it's the old addage, that 10% of all fisher persons catch 90% of all fish. With that being said, they might have been able to see your leaders or they were fishing a different level in the water column.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Growing up catching catfish out of the Colorado and even now days fishing in the salt, I've always been told not to show the tip of your hook, always allow the bait to cover it. Can't tell you that it really makes a difference, although I have gone without catching anything and then started covering the tip and started getting bites. You think they can see the tip of your hook through the bait, much like they can see the leader??? My guess would be yes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts