2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the boat home this morning because I felt a bit uncomfortable with all the rain forming. I arrived at Sargent and drove down to Cedar Lake Cut. I wade fishe for a couple of hours along with about 10 others. No one landd anything worth mentioning. I got back to my truck around 12:30 PM and saw my wife had left a message on my phone. I called her as I was leaving the cut and told her I was on my way home. About a mile down the beach, I noticed a little action in the greener water and called my wife back to let her know I was gonna stay for about an hour. Got back into the water.....missed a huge swirland short lived hook-up. It started thundering ALL around and towards Sargent there were lightning bolts smaking the ground and coming my way. I decided I'd better get out pretty quick. Got to my truck.....got my wet clothes off...was standing on wet ground, butt naked when lightning hit JUST behind my truck about 20 or so yards away.....and flat a-- shocked and knocked the cra- out of me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been hit with 660 V...110V.....half of the neighborhood wire volts when a limp I was cutting fell across one wire and knocked with a loaded welding machine....but I have NEVER EVER felt ANYTHING like what I felt today !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still feel a bit weird.....my head ache is not as bad.....my chest and ankles/feet and neck feel better. Just before this happened...I was thinking of the girl who got struck in Surfside yesterday...them POW !!!!!!! Guys and Gals......I can't imagine what a direct hit would be like...but God willing...I never will. What I got today was WAAAY more than enough. Don't take it for granted when fishing and you hear thunder and see bolts far away. It was barely sprinkling and wasn't heavily cloudy where I was.
I just wanted to share this with all of my fellow outdoors people. 49 years old and seen it close....but never felt anything like this...so NEVER take it for granted and think it will never happen to you.....
SHEESH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to go lay down...!!!!!!
God is good ALL the time !!!

G

·
When I was 18 I lived on a lake. One clear and sunny summer afternoon my day and I were in the water along our shore front moving rocks into shallower water to build a breakwater. he was standing in ankle deep water and wearing tennis shoes. I was knee-deep, barefooted, and leaning on a crowbar. Suddenly the proverbial "bolt-out-of-the-blue" hit and split a 100 ft pine tree about 50-60 ft away from us.

My dad jumped from the "crack" of the blast, but said he barely felt anything, while I got a good "ZAP". My hair stood on end and my "boys" went looking for someplace to hide! ~ My dad could not understand why I refused to keep on working! :eek:h: :confused: :eek:h:

:rybka:

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Geeeezzzeee. Glad you are alright.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
Thank God you are ok! my daughter got a good jolt while she was talking on the phone one time and she said she felt a little "weird" for a couple of days. our neighbor, and tammy's friend got it from the same bolt while he was in the shower. now they said they are "connected" for life LOL

glad you are ok,
trudy

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks y'all.
Definately a RUSH !!!!!!!!! I'm feeling OK....just a "tightness" in my head a bit. There was a bolt of lightning down there about every 5 seconds for about 5 minutes. Shoot...I'm ready to go back fishing !!!!!! I KNOW the trout were there this afternoon....the mosquitos were THICK....LOTS of seaweed and when you stepped on it to get into the water.....CLOUDS of them nippers attacked you. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey ALLICAT.....I LOVE the "no respect" fishing there !!!!!!!!Sooo good !!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.