2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DF
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am fairly new to this game and need help with a light rig for fightin' the chickens in the weeds. Prefer a spinning outfit that makes the fight more of a fair one (but not too fair). Is it possible to get an outfit that also works well in the bays?

Any and all help greatly appreciated - equipment that can be purchased at local shops or web-based retailers is fine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Doug Fordyce said:
Am fairly new to this game and need help with a light rig for fightin' the chickens in the weeds. Prefer a spinning outfit that makes the fight more of a fair one (but not too fair). Is it possible to get an outfit that also works well in the bays?

Any and all help greatly appreciated - equipment that can be purchased at local shops or web-based retailers is fine.
I like the smalliest Shimano baitrunner. You can use it as for tossing a small chunk free line or even better used the baitrunner lever for freelining your livies. Bass Pro have the Shimano Baitrunner and their in house Ocean Master rod as a combo at a very good price. Their rods are made with good components ie. Fuji seat and guides. The setup is a very good for light saltwater tackle.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Careful with the little guns around the chicks, They are bait to the big boy's and I catch alot of big boy's by just harrasing the chicks. when you get a few big fish by just playing the chicks you might stop puttin the little fellas in the box. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Little chickens with mixed big ones

I use a Shimano 4500 with 100lb powerpro. The fish couldn't care less about seeing the powerpro. They are to focused on the barjacks as bait.

I am always prepared now. I have been surprised by ling,shark and bulls while pretending to catch chickens.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Any 10-12# spinning setup will work just fine...
John

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
J L..they are pompino and are almost identical to dorado/mahi mahi but alot of these are actualy dorado and probably should not be killed (they are just baby's). They are found around weed lines. hopefully someone knows more than I can tell you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.