2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of yall have the lifetime fishing license? I’m thinking about buying one this year and would like to get yalls take on it. If you don’t have one, just curious to why not? Any reasons why not to get one?

Thanks
Philip

·
fish control my brain
7,705 Posts
It takes approx. 16.5 years to break even.

and that is without any price increases

If your under the age of 49 you should do it.

My next $1000 will go to a combo licence

And I want to buy one NOW for my little boy he's only 9 months but I'm afraid they will increase the price way before he needs one.

·
Registered
290 Posts
license

Best hunting and fishing purchase I've ever made.No yearly hassels and will save me money if I live long enough.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I finally bought mine last year. I was going to get one 20 years ago but at the cost of annuals back then and intrest it didn't add up. Who new the annual cost would go up that much. Bite the bullet and do it now.

The way I read the regs. you can still use it even if you do move out of state.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rooster,
I always thought if you DID move out of Texas it was even a better deal, as you dont have to buy out-of-state licences on visits back.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,535 Posts
I've got a question on this one. Let's say I somehow had the cash and I ponied up the money for a lifetime license. THEN let's say that sometime down the road of life, I moved back to Louisiana. I could see doing this if my parents need me in their waning years. Would my license now be null and void? Thanks, Coach

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Here is your answer...

If you have the resident lifetime license you will be licensed for LIFE.. No matter where you move

Strait from the TPWD girl in Austin..

Thomas

·
Tight Lines to All!!!
308 Posts
Your lifetime license is good for the rest of your life as long as you remain an american citizen, no matter what state you live in. You do not have to pay for any new state tags that may come out, they are included. Does not apply to federal stamps. I bought mine a few years ago when the super combo was like 50. It has already gone up since then and will probably continue to do so. I think 16.5 years will turn into like 10 if you bought it right now (pertaining to how long it takes to pay for itself.

I would encourage anyone who can to get one. When I have kids, I will buy theirs as soon as you are allowed to. I think you can buy them when they are born, but I will have to check.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow didn't expect this kind of support and response. So I called TPWD and have my application on its way. So what do I do till I get my life time as my current license will expire at the end of the month. Not fish till then???? Ouch
Philip
Future Lifetime member

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got mine when i turned 17, Combo hunting & fishing. I am 21 now and i am extremly happy that i spent that $1000 then.

TPWD will send you a letter in the mail about mid july, every year, saying that you can have them sind you your tags if you wish. I just go to wal-mart thay scan your card, print out your tags and your good to go.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its a done deal, I have my application and payment in the mail. It was so simple and easy. Just download application off internet, write in credit card number and mail.
I called and the lady said it should be in time for the new season, or very shortly there after. So now there are no excuses, simple and lasts a lifetime. Like Rine said, lets make this a 2cool gathering.
Philip
Lifetime fisher :)

·
Banned
317 Posts
when I got mine there had only been about 2000 lic. issued. A game warden asked me for my lic. once and he had never seen one before.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts