2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been watching the bucks running the does for about a week now. I actually got to watch two of the biggest bucks I've ever seen fighting last week in front of the middle school. I live in Liberty and since the river has been up they have been all over the place in town and even coming into my front yard at night. I'm not on a deer lease this year and don't even know if I'll get a chance to hunt but it sure is nice to be able to see so many of them tasty critters.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm at the deer lease right now. Saw a spike chasing a doe this morning (Wed. Nov 18th) and she was acting receptive towards him. He walked up to her with head low and neck stretched out while curling his upper lip to get a whiff. She then started running circles around him and had the tail up the whole time. I was thinking that they were about to mount right there in front of me but they ran off into the woods.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
I took a walk on our property down Pine Island Bayou, I found probably 10-12 scrapes >>>>NONE had been worked in the last ??? BTW I went before the last rain, I need to go check again as I have found the active ones will be worked just after a rain. Your in the next Co to the west so should not be too much differance, IMO any rutting activ your seeing is the LAST of the secondary. I checked a Doe at the end of Archery season that had twins, we've taken 2 does in the first week of Gen season that were also preg with 1 that had to be bred early Oct....WW

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RUT

thanks for the info fellas. Ive been in the woods every day off work since the start of bow season and I have been seeing plenty of does, but no bucks chasing them. I have came across plenty of scrapes and rubs, but thats it. Two days ago i did get a pic of an 8 point that had a swollen neck. In my opinion its gonna be a late rut.....doesnt sound like anyone has experienced the peak yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts