2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody give me an estimate of how far a paddle it is across the channel to reach Light House Lakes near Port A? Since I'm not familar with the area, what about boat traffic? Is it going to be like the game "Frogger" tryin' to cross that channel? Once back there, I understand that boat traffic is low, due to the shallowness of the area, true? Any comments?
RJ

·
Certified Bile Spewer
1,398 Posts
Not far

The paddle from the Kayak launch to the LHL entrance isn't far--you're only paddling across the Aransas Shrimp Boat Channel. However, during a strong SE wind, the channel can get kind of rough.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
I have never been back there, but it is not far from the pavement. I know that there is a bird watching place on the left side of the road before you get to the ferry. And it is called the LHL something. That looks like a good place to launch. From there you can see cuts heading back into the lakes. All you have to do is cross the aransas channel. Should be pretty easy. Don't know about the traffic once you are in there though. When you get back let me know how it went. I would like to try it with my boat. It's pretty skinny.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Opps! That didn't work will try & post up the right one later!

EZ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts