2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish with em?......I recently purchased a D.A.M. Quick Power Champion 415 LDL reel on Ebay.....it's a lever drag.......I haven't really put it to the test yet, but what I have fished with it.....I love it........Exp the drag.....I like the fact you can more finely tune the settings and quickly adjust them while fighting a fish.....I also like the bait clicker....I can adjust it as strong as I want it, for heavy weights and current......I took a guy fishin the other day and he caught one around 22 lbs or so on it.....he said man thats a powerful reel. This reel also features S.P.S. Speed Power System, this allows you to adjust the length of the reel handle.....shorter handle for higher retrieve speed & longer for more power.........here is a link to look at it
http://www.dam.de/katalog/html/englisch/quick_powerchampion_ldl.htm

Mike Mitchell
SCA
www.southerncats.com

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have talked to a few saltwater fishermen that swear by the lever drag reels. I like the principle of having a quickly adjustable drag, but haven't fished one yet, and I can't really comment on the lever drag "system" or that particular brand of reel. The fact that you can throw a lever and go from a loose drag setting to that drag that's been pre-set to max out your drag for the rod/reel/line combo your using would prevent people from over or under adjusting the drag and would help land more fish, for sure....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I really like the feel of the Shimano TLD's but their cost has kept me from buying one of them. But spool one of them up with some 50# mono and I think they would be the ultimate reel for winching big flatheads from big snags. Their reputation in saltwater fishing is reason enough to purchase one but they're still a little high for the application that I need them for. I have other reels that fit the bill just nicely and for less $$$.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
I have a Shimano Sedona spinning reel that has a similar(I assume)secondary drag system(lever)...a smaller outfit I keep in the boat to cast to breakin' schools of stripers or whatever....haven't had to ease up or torque 'er down yet!:smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts