2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Livingston white bassers, have you been catching any? Not asking for spots, just did ya catch any the last few days?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
yea shad i did....hum lets see...today 7-29 between 8 -10 am, me and dad caught 20 (we also caught 5 catfish on jugs) at the second marker 190 road bed. Then yesterday...7-28 between 1- 3 pm 40 at same location.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Killed the whites on friday...............On lake conroe:D Got tired of those and trolled for some stripers got broke off twice with 10lb leaders!!!! Went to 14 and caught one more, then headed for the ramp

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
yea shad ...thats my favorite...silver hell benders and silver pets (i generally like the ones with a white tail). trail the hell bender about 2 feet back with the pet spoon. tell you what though I do like little cast masters (little silver spoons) they work good too. the treble hook makes it a little harder to get the fish off.

·
Registered
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have so much hassle getting hellbenders to act right I mostly use 10' chrome jet divers with big yellow pet spoons about 18" to 2' behind. Those 10 footers will let you troll anywhere without hanging up. I have used those small castmasters too, they do catch fish.
Seems like the roadbed is holding up nice with good catches, I'm still catching whites on the lower end, but I have to look around a little harder than I did a few weeks ago. I'm still finding most of mine on drops from 10/11' to 20+' and they hang right on the middle of the slope.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll be up at Kickapoo this weekend with my father. His water pump went out on him couple of weeks ago so we gotta pick up the boat from the shop. Decided to go ahead and get some fishing in while checking out the motor. Probably about time to put a new pump on my motor too so that will be my winter project.

Are the whites still hanging in up there? I'm kind of hoping they slack off so we will be forced to get some cats. I need some catfish in the freezer to even out the Bass/Cat ratio.

Shadslinger, where do you find your jet divers. I was only able to find a couple of clear divers at Walmart but they are the 30 foot divers. The scale for the depth is on the package so I figured I could put it on my grinder and shave the fin down to the 15 foot depth range. Anyone ever see any Arbogast Mudbugs anywhere, they are getting pretty scarce to find.

Guy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fair fishing this weekend. Between 2 people we caught 11 whites on saturday and 13 on sunday. We were fishing the hump around horseshoe bend and also the 190 roadbed. Those we kept were 15-16", the little ones were quite plentiful.

Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts