2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Borders, language, culture
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys and gals. Would or do any of you let your spouse/significant other cut your hair? My wife cuts her own hair, but I'm afraid to let her loose on mine. I guess the worse that could happen is that it would have to grow back. I just hate going to the hair place and spending good money on something that looks so easy to do.

:walkingsm and CoolChange this thread is obviously not for you :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Do it yourself. #1#2 or #3 guard. Sit on driveway in front of everyone and clip front to back then back to front. Repeat each June 1st. Attend family or company function shortly thereafter. Wife will thereafter plead with you to PAY for someone to cut your hair.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just my two cents, but any woman that cuts her own hair can cut mine anytime. I'm not near as picky as a woman, so they would have to be good. Or are you afraid your wife wants to "uglify" you, to make you less attractive to other girls? LOL!

·
Gone Fishing
12,004 Posts
Park Salon

There is a better place once you have a hair cut there ... no alternative or better place than The Park Salon in Deer park.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
my mom cuts mine on the front porch. she does an alright job on the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....JJ

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
NO No NO

We are comfortably married and very secure in our relationship. However, no marriage is strong enough to overcome a spousal haircut fubar.

Remember when your mom used to cut your hair and you didn't speak to her for days?

Haircuts and driving tuition are best left to professional strangers.

IMHO

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
[email protected] Steve, your right my friend.... them ear nicks hurt and don't ever let um trim your moustache..... oouuucccchhhhhh

·
Registered
663 Posts
cut your own hair

i too cut my own hair. i do it EVERY thursday so it will be nice and trimmed for the weekend. i do it in the restroom. i just put a towel over the sink and buzz away. i just use a mirror for when i get to the back of my head. i use the #1 guard to fade it on the sides and try not to cut too much off the top. just so you'll know, i have been cutting my own hair for at least 13-14 years. i have NEVER stepped foot into a barber shop once and won't let anyone else cut my hair. just imagine how much money i have saved; although i am one my second set of clippers. my hair outlast my fist set of clippers. happy cutting...BUZZZZZZ OOPS! didn't mean to cut there!!! J/K, it's not hard to do

·
Registered
511 Posts
I started doing mine in high school.

Back then, all I had to trim were the wings (remember those ladies) and then about once a year or so my mom would trim a couple inches off the bottom. And I have had more than one guy look at my hair and ask me to cut his. Got a pair of clippers to cut my son's hair, until he decided it was more cool to pay someone else to do what mom could do better, for free. These days I have short hair and can't do the back so I go and have someone else do it. But guys, it ain't that difficult to do and a lot of wives do this for their honey's and kids. So if she thinks she can do it, and you're happy with the results, let her do it and save the money towards a night out.
Lil Bit

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Stuart.......

just be sure that you've gotten all your honey do's out of the way.....and be DANG sure she isn't hiding some latent resentment towards you for all the fishing you do.......

·
Registered
532 Posts
go for it

I used to let my wife cut my hair, now my 17 year old daughter cuts it. Wife did it with scissors, daughter does it with clippers. Sure takes a lot less time than going somewhere to get it done. Of course, you may want her to have a little practice before letting her do it close to a big occasion. I never get a "bad" cut, although it has been a little short before when she forgot which guards to use.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Cut it yourself

I went to an "old school" barber up until a few years ago when he retired. My wife decided she could do the same thing he did and came home one day with a pair of clippers from Wal-Mart. As mentioned above, this only led to problems for us. It looked like an episode of COPS in our kitchen. We made up the following day and I thanked her for trying, but told her she wouldn't have to worry about doing it again. I took hold of the clippers after that and began doing my own. I think I've done alright with it, although I have been asked a couple of times how long I've been on parole.

#2 on top and no guard on the side to fade.

FormerHR

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Do it yourself. 1 set of clippers for the last 5 years.

#3 top, #1 1/2 to fade in on the sides

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Come to the dark side...

Stuart said:
:walkingsm and CoolChange this thread is obviously not for you :D
You'll never go back! BWWWWAAAAAHHHHHAAAAA!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
my wife's been cutting my hair for almost 20 years. however, she's been cutting hair professionally for 27 years. we've only been married for the last 12 years. the hardest thing for me is getting an appointment. by the time i get home the last thing she wants to do is a haircut.

i'd go with the post that says if she cuts her own, give her a shot on yours. remember it'll all grow back and if it's real bad, just go with a buzz for the rest of the summer

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
Just a thought, but to become a licensed cosmetologist, I had to go to school for 1500 hours...... and only 500 hours to carry a gun......makes NO sense!

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Hey Darrell, I haven't always been a "baldie" Pam cut my hair from the time before we were married until I finally gave up on trying to make 6 hairs look like a dozen. She did a bang-up job too! I don't think I paid for but one haircut in all those years. We were out of town and that is the only reason I went to the barber shop at all.

Rick nailed it. I ain't NEVER goin' back! :p :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts