2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quite a few mos back I went fishing with my dad, his first 6 casts landed keepers and like always I wasn't doing anything but feeding the talented ones. It was quite a moment with all the comments of "you have to try this".. " this is fun".. "son get one in the boat its better that way".. when my unforgettable hookup began. I had the bump same as before except this time I was determined and set the hook a with a little more aggression and that's when I knew this one will not be forgotten. With a now bowed rod in my hand I felt nothing but dead weight and all that went through my mind was all the stories about how the big one felt like a constant pull but no thrashing. Somewhere in the moment he quit talking trash and had switched his full attention to on my rod and started fumbling for the net. Well five min later it finally arrived at the boat and all I could see was my swivel just above the water level so in the moment of truth where I finally prove to my father it's time to pass the torch on to the young buck I gave the nod to net it before it breaks off... He gave it a good swoop and I hear the words what i was sweating to hear "I have it"... Now relieved and taking ane deep breath I see his face.. puzzeled i look at the net and discover I was the first one ever to real in a picture worthy 7lb rock.. :headknock I mean don't get me wrong I've snagged quite a few in my lifetime but never made the landing much less had the show. I wish in all the excitement he wouldn't have gotten so jealous threw it back with such moral support, it would of made such a conversation piece to have laying round the porch or to have a mounted duck standing on it one day.

Now for those wondering how we didn't know earlier, we were fishing parallel to a sloped sandy bank so with each pull the rock was moving towards us but sliding along creek slope making it look and feel like the fish was swimming away going down the channel.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
LMAO! That is a great story! I agree that he should have kept it... It would have been a great conversation piece..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts