2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changeed out their old style Lenco trim tab switch to the LED indicator type? Did you only have to change the switch or did you have to changeout the wiring harness and control box also? Has expensive was it?

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I worked on one with Lenco's and called them very helpfull on the phone and sent me parts to fix it free of charge. They will tell ya what u need...

·
Keep your line WET!
1,017 Posts
I checked on that once and I think it was 300-400 when all is done. Have to change more than just the switch. I would like to have it, but I can live without it for now.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
You'll like them. I ran trim tab switches for years without the indicators and got around just fine, but it is just nicer to have a visual indicator. Also, don't ask me how to do this because I don't have a clue, but you can have them wired so that the tabs automatically retract when the ignition key is turned off. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
The auto retract is wired to a keyed ignition source or a 12v switched source. Loses power and the tabs retract. Install is pretty much a direct swap out from the existing system (control box and switch..

Put a bid on ebay for a new LED indicator set and won the auction for $190 last night. So if you look around, you can find deals well below retail - that's $100-175 below what you will find most places. So happy hunting!

·
Eat it baby !!!
343 Posts
Love Mine

My new Tran is the first boat I have owned that has Tabs. I could not imagine running with out them. Set it the same every time. Donny did not have them on originally I added them and I am glad I did. Auto up when you kill the key is a little stange but does not over shadow the pro's the lights bring ! IMO

Freddy

·
Registered
900 Posts
if I'm not mistaken its the orange wire from the control box that auto retracs. I disconnected mine cuz I dont like the noise when Im sneaking up on those sneaky fish.

·
Registered
371 Posts
took the old switch replaced with the lighted one you change the box and switch pretty straight forward the orange wire has to be hooked up to a switch . i did not like the auto retract <orange wire > hooked up to the ing. so i put ot on a switch that i use for the structure scan so they are on thill i turn off so i can sneek up on those spooky fish . works great it only senses 12 volt so the box works it does not supply power for the acc. .
i would do it again , shop ebay got mine for 125.00 new in the box
mac

1 - 12 of 12 Posts