2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to TN for the weekend to visit family ... they've got a bunch of land so i'm planning to use this opertunity to get a little time in with my rifle to make sure my skills are still up to par for deer season next weekend.

my question is ... we're taking the wife's mini van .. so there's no truck ... so what's the legal way to have both the rifle and ammo with me without running into any problems if i get pulled over for drivng a little too fast

·
Registered
738 Posts
Just keep them seperate and you will be ok, rifle in the case and ammo in a bag. If your still worried just dont bing the ammo, buy it there.

·
archTech
8,709 Posts
Don't know about the laws in TN but I would bet that if the guns are in a case with no ammo in the chamber or the clips, and have the ammo boxed and in a seperate bag you should be good.:cool:

·
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool .. i figured as much ... but for some reason i keep questioning exactly what rights i have lately .... so i thought i'd double check

·
Team Backmarker
455 Posts
not quite the same, but when i would 'transport' my pistol with me in my 4runner, i would put the pistol in the back, slide locked open and zip tie thru the barrel "gun show" style. Clips (empty) with the weapon, ammo in the glove box up front. With your rifle if you can remove the bolt, or lock it open, maybe a wood dowel to hold it open. Anything like this demonstrates that your intentions with transporting the weapons are for proper use, and not for concealment

·
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude...I would take the chance with loaded weapons, but I wouldn't want to get caught driving a minivan!
Buwhahaha!! notice i pointed out it's my wife's van ;-) .... although i do call it "the love machine" just to help save face

1 - 8 of 8 Posts