2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much an acre would an 1100 high fence ranch go for. South Texas near carrizzo springs. Has a trailer on it thats descent. Water an electric.
There is a lot of deer, havent seen anything over 140" theyre might be something bigger but havent seen it. I been theyre a few times. There is a lot of deer and hogs.
Whatcha think per acre its worth ?
I have a chance to pick it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MY SON JUST GOT BACK FROM AROUND THERE.
I'LL ASK HIM AND GET BACK TO YOU.
HE WAS ON 45000 ACERS, LOW FENCE. BIG $$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I would be just as worried about the money that you are going to have to put into it afterwards if its high fenced and only sporting 140" deer....

Also, there shouldnt be ALOT of deer in a high fence situation... there should be the right number....

·
Just Keep 25, 10M Cajuns Caint be Wrong!
714 Posts
I know a guy who has 1300 acres high fence in Dimmit Co. Spends $25,000+ and has 170 class deer.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Tell that to a trophy breeder who has a 100 deer in a pen.

LOL
That are fed daily, on a strict diet and watched closely.

1100 acres can only support so many deer, so if there are deer everywhere you turn around, the herd is overpopulated, most likely unhealthy, and at risk of disease.

·
Master of Boats
1,434 Posts
Ten to twenty dollars an acre for high fence, in that size range. There are some both higher and lower than that range. You have to decide, for you, is XXX dollars worth, what I am getting and what I will spend for feed.

Expect to spend at least $1000 a month on feed for a property that size.

·
Theoretical Ecologist
2,411 Posts
If it's a well managed high fence ranch then you aren't going to easily spot mature bucks. Once you cull out the inferior bucks and get the does down to close to a 1:1 ratio, then you're left with extraordinary bucks that are far more wild and elusive than what you find outside the exclosure fenced area.

However, I question just how good the deer management is on this property because you saw hogs there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts