2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
shake and bake
7,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use them for fall and winter and pick them back up a year later to find it leaked water into it somehow I guess where the screws are. Anyways I'm sure it's corroded in there and the BBs are stuck together and don't click or rattle anymore. Is there a fix for this or a preventive measure?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey sorry you had an issue with your 51MR please return it to L&S Bait Company 1415 East Bay Dr Largo, FL 33771 and we will take a look at it and replace it.

·
No Mo'!
1,319 Posts
I like using the Mirrodine and Mirrodine XL during spring time and sometimes you get a leaky one after a few trips but I just usually bang them up against something. Great lures other than the few that have done that.

·
shake and bake
7,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey sorry you had an issue with your 51MR please return it to L&S Bait Company 1415 East Bay Dr Largo, FL 33771 and we will take a look at it and replace it.
Thank you. Will do. Starting to accumulate a pile.

·
shake and bake
7,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like using the Mirrodine and Mirrodine XL during spring time and sometimes you get a leaky one after a few trips but I just usually bang them up against something. Great lures other than the few that have done that.
I've done that. Throw them on the floor of the garage or boat depending on when I discover it. Couple times on a wade. Nothing to bang it against. Tried the palm of my hand and almost stabbed myself with the hooks. Anyways the banging only works for so long.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
yea i had some problems too .the thing i think happened is heat, the bbs are plastic and may stick to each other or something, i try to keep them from laying out in the sun that seems to help. also had one that had a tooth hole and it saturated, i just squessed and sucked the water out and superglued it to make the day.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,547 Posts
Well there you go. And another reason that I fish so much with Mirrolures :)

TH

·
This is the life....
2,616 Posts
Yup, great lure, but had a share do this also. Another problem is the hooks pulling out with the connection piece (not sure of the exact term: screw-like??)...good idea to put a little extra epoxy on them.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've sent quite a few mirrolures back.
They always sent me more lures than I sent them.

That's customer service!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
shhhhhhh thats why i kept them and another tip make sure the eye screw on the belly hook stays straight.
I never hace the Nelly hooks on mine... I take the middle hook off.. dont like the wak it apesta trata up the outside Hill plate on trout

1 - 14 of 14 Posts