2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired opinionated old fart
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess everybody on here likes the Texas Hill Country, and likes to ride there. I am new at riding, and just got back from my first Hill Country trip. I trailered the bike there, but put 930 miles on it after arriving. We rode roads like 16, 39, 1340, and of course the Twisted Sisters (FM roads 335, 336, and 337) The scenery and the roads were just fantastic. While there we stayed 4 nights at D'Rose Inn & Cabins in Leakey. She owns the place, takes care of it herself, and lives on the property. She only allows motorcycle riders or bicycle riders at her place. You can ride in or trailer in though.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Did you make it to Daves in Center Point or 11th st in Bandera?

The Hill Country is a great place to ride!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
We have trailered down, stayed in Concan, and rode the 3-twisted sisters ride the last two years. We ride the bikes in the morning, and the tubes in the afternoon....dosent get any better than that!

·
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We did go through Center Point, but did not stop at Dave's. Is it a restaurant or what type of place? Heck, we went at far as the Willow City Loop from Leakey. It seems if you go very far south of Concan that the terrain changes to less desirable, but from east through north and on around to the west is great.

·
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stand corrected, we did go to Dave's. I was thinking that was in Hunt or Ingram, but it was Center Point. It was an interesting place, with birds and turtles and a nice view.

·
Registered
510 Posts
About 10 of us are going too ride the "SISTERS" on the weekend of October 10,11,12 and 13th. We are staying at the YO RANCH. Who else will be there that weekend? Bobby.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Whitebassfisher said:
We did go through Center Point, but did not stop at Dave's. Is it a restaurant or what type of place? Heck, we went at far as the Willow City Loop from Leakey. It seems if you go very far south of Concan that the terrain changes to less desirable, but from east through north and on around to the west is great.
Daves is a place that must be experienced because its way too hard to explain....Food, beer, BYOB, the river, exotic animals, a mini rainforrest and colorful characters...Make sure you dont miss it next time.

Yeah, I prefer the area between Leakey and then all the way to New Braunfels but start going West or South too far and it gets a little more boring.

Next time, do the Luckenbach side, devils backbone, grapetown road, river road in New Braunfels...Thats a really nice day on the road!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts