2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..does anyone know where you can get Triple Fish Leader Material, 80lb test? I ordered a whole bunch of it 3 years ago, and love it. However i am down to 2 spools and that wont last me thru this season of guiding. I cant remember where i got it at, and have looked thru every catalog i have. I am sure it is salt water leader material. Any help would be appreciated..thanks warren

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
NaH2O catalogs...

Warren,
Have ya tried the (bps)Offshore Angler Saltwater Catalog?I get alot of my stuff out of it.Wish ya luck in your quest.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nighttrain..you are the man...that is the name of the company...would you happen to have a link to their site?..cant find my catalog...thanks a bunch bro..warren

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Not a very"computer-savvy"guy...

But,try Bass Pro Shops site;I don't know if Offshore Angler division has a separate site,or what.I'd look in the catalog for ya,but I'm @ work,and don't have it handy.Glad to help ya "remember" though!:D :confused: BTW,Dude,what do you weigh your fish on?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried bass pro...the dont have it...check the catalog for me if you can...I will send you a pic/and name of my scale tomorrow..they are in my boat..awesome set of scales..and can be calibrated..later warren

·
Registered
728 Posts
Warren,
I found Triple Fish Leader Material at the Cabela's web site. Here's a description:
Triple Fish Fluorocarbon Leader
Finally, a line that allows you to make a stealthy presentation on the clearest days and in the clearest water. With refractive characteristics that are perfectly matched to water, with no memory and high knot strength, this fluorocarbon has everything you're looking for in leader material. Comes in a UV-resistant 50-yd. wrist spool.
Available: 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100 and 125-lb. test.
Link:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0023206317219a&navCount=0&cmCat=srchdx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx
They also list a saltwater leader material: Item description:
Triple Fish Saltwater Leader
If you're looking for resistance and durability, Triple Fish "The Original" saltwater leader has been tested and proven under some of the world's harshest fishing conditions - and it consistently passes each test by coming out on top. Comes in an open, user-friendly 50-yd. wrist spool.
Available: 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 125, 150, 200, 250, 300 and 400-lb. test.
Link:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0023207317220a&navCount=0&cmCat=srchdx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx
I did a "Google" search under: Triple Fish Leader Material (go to www.google.com and type the name of the product into the search window). The saltwater stuff was inexpensive. The fluorocarbon leader material is pricey...

Tom

·
Registered
138 Posts
Offshore Angler stopped selling Triple Fish last year unfortunately. I have had a coil of the 50# clear mono leader for some time and it is the most abrasion-resistant brand I've ever used, even more so than High Impact. It's stiff but it is really tough stuff. Stick with the mono, no need to spend all that precious cash on some flourocarbon you don't need.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had done that already..and goofy me i read the price wrong..thanks guys i am ordering some now...Nick..if you are ever down this way, give me a shout..can show you the clarksville area and some good catfishing..later..warren

·
Registered
633 Posts
NightTrain said:
Why the differing #Test strengths for summer/winter?
The style of fishing is a lot different ... I fish some with Trophycats in the winter and you always have a shot at hanging a potential record blue and most of your fish have a lot of size to them .. I dont lose as many set ups then either .. All in all the line take a bit more abuse from the fish and is used longer than my summer set ups ..

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
GETTIN' ALL "EXCITED"...

...Just reading your post..."hanging a potential record blue"..."alot of size to them"..."abuse from the fish"...You is a true poet,Wendell!:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fishing -> Leader -> Triplefish Leader

Triplefish Fluorocarbon 50yd. Leader
eAngler Price: $7.99 - $49.99
Sale Price: $6.39 - $39.99

(On selected items. Sale ends 07/31/2004)
Save up to 20%
Options: -Click Here to Select- 50 lb. - 50 yds., $18.99 12 lb. - 50 yds., $6.39 ** Sale Price ** 15 lb. - 50 yds., $7.59 ** Sale Price ** 20 lb. - 50 yds., $8.79 ** Sale Price ** 25 lb. - 50 yds., $13.49 30 lb. - 50 yds., $11.59 ** Sale Price ** 40 lb. - 50 yds., $14.99 60 lb. - 50 yds., $19.59 ** Sale Price ** 80 lb. - 50 yds., $29.99 100 lb. - 50 yds., $35.99 125 lb. - 50 yds., $39.99 ** Sale Price **Qty:

Spools of virtually invisible leader material on easy to use wheels.

Product Specifications
  • Virtually invisible in water; it disappears providing more strikes from "line shy" fish.
  • Unaffected by UV (sunlight) thereby extending dramatically its useable life.
  • More dense than standard mono (twice as heavy) providing better depth and lure control.
  • Smaller diameter than premium mono.
  • Highly abrasion resistant. Its nick resistance means less retying.
  • Excellent knot strength characteristics.
  • A dramatic increase in casting distance due to the weight and the smoother surface.
  • 12lb. test through 125lb. test.
  • Made in Germany for the fishing industry not for the textile industry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts