2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We lost 3-4 good fish Saturday in the Upper Laguna Madre/Land Cut area due to my knots comming loose. I use 20# Ande as my leader line and use a double loop trilene knot, but that Ande is some thick tough stuff to tie that knot with, so i just started usig a single loop trilene.

What knot do ya'll use?

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Double surgeons knot has never failed me. You can find it at www.animatedknots.com

Could it be that your not getting your knot properly set? Are you wetting your line before to try and set it?

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
If you're not using an albright knot with a lock it is going to come loose sooner or later.

Biggie

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,448 Posts
This won't come loose.
Silverspoon said:
Double surgeons knot has never failed me. You can find it at www.animatedknots.com

Could it be that your not getting your knot properly set? Are you wetting your line before to try and set it?

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have been more specific. I was tying the leader to a Cajun Thunder. We lost fish when the leader came off the thunder, and others when the hook came off the leader. And I always wet the knot before tightening.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
You can actually use a palomar knot on both the CT and the hook ends. Quick, easy and reliable knot too.

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
Agree with the Palomar knot. I've never had one come undone.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I use Ande line and never had that problem with any kind of knot tied. Likewise I would use the the Palomarknot. I fish with 12 lbs line and 20 lbls leader- No Problems!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts