2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the best place in surfside to launch a boat? Never have tried to launch there......I'm clueless.:eek:hwell:

Thanks........KC

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Look on the Bluewater Board under "Freeport is just plain awful" They list several places. If your boat does not have a large top my favorite ramp is in Freeport. From the Bucee's at 332 and FM-523 go west towards Freeport. At the y in the road stay right. After you cross the Bridge you will turn right and take the first right over the levee. There are now facilities at the ramp so get ice, bait and supplies before the ramp. Bucee's is decent for most of what you need.

·
NRA LIFER
3,210 Posts
Ramp

Easiest for someone new to the area will be Bridge Bait. At the base (Freeport side) of the Hwy. 332 bridge over the icw to Surfside. Ramp is directly into the icw.

How big is your boat? At low tide these ramps can get a little shallow. The deepest side is closest to the building.

I would not try the ramp by the levee if you have never been there before. It is a real bear at low tide.

Bob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ernie's 2

If you are just looking to launch a bay boat. Quick access to Cold Pass, Christmas Bay, Bastrop, West Bay - lots of good fishing spots close. It is on Bluewater Hwy just a few miles from SLP.

Andy

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I appreciate the suggestions. I have a bay boat that's pretty light and shallow, so I don't anticipate much of a problem,.......but you never know I guess. Have a good one and thanks again.

KC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts