2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel hamstrung without my camera these days. For the second time this year, one of my digital cameras has met a watery demise. So, unfortunately I have no pics to go with my latest reports.

However, the fishing has been great down here. We aren't picking up the numbers that the live bait guys are getting but the quality and excitement of the fantastic topwater bite has far outweighed the full box.

Now don't get me wrong, no one is going home hungry these days either. Our ratio is about 4 dinks to every keeper and we are putting modest numbers in the box so the action can officially be called good.

We have had 9 straight trips with at least one fish over 25" and we have seen and hooked several that were MUCH bigger. I had one heartbreaker near East Kleberg point that I was almost positive was a big redfish. When she surfaced about fifteen feet in front of me and I saw all those precious spots, I almost swallowed my tongue.

And then, much to my chagrin, my rootbeer/red glitter assassin popped out of her mouth and she slowly sank back into the cloudy green waters.

Oh well, at least I know where she lives now. You can bet I'll be back there many times in the near future to see how that sore mouth is healing LOL.

Fished with my Dad today between rain showers and had a great time on a strictly catch and release trip. We had one 26" trout and two 23"ers along with a 28 1/4" redfish on my final cast of the day.

Looking forward to my next trip and if anyone knows of a good used digital camera for sale cheap, give me a call. Later, Aubrey

1 - 1 of 1 Posts