2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of pics from Thanksgiving week. The rut was on and we were able to put some does in the cooler as well as a couple of good culls.
Here's my 7 point:

On to the good story...
This was the 2nd time my wife sat in a stand by herself. We were texting back and forth about her hunt, and when I read them later, I though it was a pretty funny conversation:

4:37pm
Me: see anything yet?
Her: Nothing! But I heard shots to my left
Me: They will be there just wait and keep looking through the binocs
Her: I am looking back & through those fallen trees. What time does the feeder go off?
Me: 3:30
Her: Really...didn't hear it
Me: You weren't there yet
Her: Bye...more looking

5:17pm
Her: Nothing...they don't want to play
Me: Keep Watching

5:34pm
Me: Well?
Her: They are here!!!
Me: I figured, too dark?

Her next 2 texts were unreadable, but it was obvious she shot something and wanted me there in a hurry. LOL.
Her: Haasaaa...got one. Hireyp.

Anyway, she made a good shot and dropped this spike in his tracks and is now part of the deer killing side of the family AND she is bloodthirsty now!
I think our 5 year old was pretty proud of mommy too.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Congrats to both of you. Nothing like hunting with the family. Makes the experience that much better. My wife will text me in the stand, and before I can finish typing I get "R U There?" slows me down, and then I spend that much more time texting and not hunting. I hate it, but you have to keep in touch when the wife is out there.
BB

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that a woodsmaster 30-06 she is shooting.
Good eye on the model. It's a Woodsmaster 742 in 6mm. Her granddad gave it to her last year. One of my rifles is from my granddad too, it is a Woodsmaster 742 in .308. Sweet guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts