2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I have the Leica and a Leupold. The Leupold has alot more functions like true ballistic ranging, tells you your holdover and an inclinometer that adjusts your yardage for you if you bow hunt out of a elevated position. The Leica is nice but the Leupold will do the same and alot more for less than half the price. Its also less bulky.

·
Native Texan
10,979 Posts
I have a cheap Bushnell 800 $225 as I remember, works great. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but does the basic job well. I did have to send it back for repairs, but they fixed it at no cost and it works fine now.

·
Master of Boats
1,432 Posts
Buy the Leica Geovids, two in one. You will have great binos with the laser rangefinder all in one. Best optics on the market.
Negative on that sir, the Ziess RF are more bettah! We put them side by side, the glass is equal, but the Z machine ranges further and in poorer conditions.

If you can't afford the combo units, get the Nikon 600 800 or 1200 units, they are good and the price is right.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Negative on that sir, the Ziess RF are more bettah! We put them side by side, the glass is equal, but the Z machine ranges further and in poorer conditions.

If you can't afford the combo units, get the Nikon 600 800 or 1200 units, they are good and the price is right.
Yeah the glass would be equal. At this point its the processor inside that aquires that target and what other options it offers. My point is the that theres no point in a range finder thats ranging at 1200 meters (which is gonna be off a reflective surface). My Leica 1200 will not range out to 1200 yards. Your not gonna be shooting at it with the rangefinder. Get the Leupold RX-750 and you will be more than happy.

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,368 Posts
How far will you be shooting?

I have the Leupold RX-III and like it very much. It was $400 when I bought it, but see that you can get it for $300 now. It's worthe either price.

I really like True Ballistic Ranging and the hold-over calculations. Helps with either a gun or a bow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.