2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My laptop caught a virus from Facebook recently! OfficeDepot wants to charge $200 for thu removal of the virus? Is there any software i can buy for less at any store! thanks!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Webroot Spy Sweeper/Anti Virus has been working for about the last 10 years on my computers. Available at Best Buy, lets you install on 3 computers. About $49.00...

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
My laptop caught a virus from LOOKING AT **** recently! OfficeDepot wants to charge $200 for thu removal of the virus? Is there any software i can buy for less at any store! thanks!
There I fixed your post for you...

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
First run an online virus scanner to try an remove the virus. Here are three free ones. Pick one.

BitDefender
Panda Security
Trend Micro HouseCall

Aquire a free Anti-Virus Software or purchase one to run in your computer and use it. Often times your ISP will have one for free. I know that ATT and Comcast have free ones. Many people use the free vesion of AVG anti-virus.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
I know that ATT and Comcast have free ones.
I just saw where Bank of America offers McAfee Security for it's online banking customers. Comcast used to offer Trend, but changed to McAfee also.

Good luck on removing the virus. If you don't mind me asking, what did you click on to get a virus from FB? I had a "friend" send me a PM and it was infected (my software detected it before I opened it). I am just curious so I can be on the lookout.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
First run an online virus scanner to try an remove the virus. Here are three free ones. Pick one.

BitDefender
Panda Security
Trend Micro HouseCall

Aquire a free Anti-Virus Software or purchase one to run in your computer and use it. Often times your ISP will have one for free. I know that ATT and Comcast have free ones. Many people use the free vesion of AVG anti-virus.
there is the answer...just to add something...be sure to turn off system restore before running the scan

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Have you tried he computer hospital I remember recently watching a news reort that showed were the best place to take a computer it was on emily aiken's newscast I think its channel 2 look it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts