2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Bevo34 and Fresh2Salt this weekend. We ran to the land cut on Friday morning, and had some luck on scattered trout and reds, but not a lot. We haven't fished that area much, so we were after a learning experience and some fish too! We learned a lot. All fish but a few were caught on topwaters, some wading, some drifting. The other few were on plastics.

That evening, we decided to hit some spots around Estes flats. These turned up little, although they have been real strong in the past. I think the water was too fresh.

We decided to stay out and fish some lights, and when we pulled up, there were trout popping and birds working. We did well, on DOA shrimp and some saltwater assassins fished weedless. We ended the day keeping 20 trout and 4 reds. We probably caught 300 trout that night between 10pm and 2:30am. The highlight was a 27 inch trout that fresh2salt caught on an asassin on the second cast in the hole. (should have pic up soon) We knew we were in a good spot then! Basically anything that looked shrimpy or irridesent was the deal. After being up fishing or trying to, for 23 hours from the landcut, to Aransas bay, we called it a morning.

Saturday, we woke up late, as it was almost 3:30am when we hit the pillow the night before. We liked what we saw with low wind, so we hit the mid-bay reefs for some mid-afternoon wading and plastic chunking in Aransas. We found some birds working, and messed with them for a while, in hopes of a big Jack. We caught lots of dink trout and some slimers and enjoyed a nice rainshower. Then we made our way down the south shore hitting a couple of spots we like. We put a few trout in the box along the way, but not more than half a dozen. We had to work hard for em. By 8pm we were headed to our favorite light again.

This time, we fished hard with tops, plastics, and even spec rigs. We ended up with 10 trout that night, with probably 100 caught total. It was fun, but there was a lot of floating grass, so we think that shut off the bite some.

All in all, it was a great weekend of hard grinding. Bevo34 and I really enjoyed Fresh2Salt's hospitality. Our group would have been complete if wading fool's back would have let him fish. Hopefully next time, Bro! Also, I think tightknot made an appearance this morning at fresh2salt's place. Bevo34 and I were still in the bunks, but I know I heard his voice. I also heard later that his wife landed a 25 inch trout. Sure wish we would have woken up for the morning topwater bite, but we were zonked!

Enjoyed it fellas....let's do it again soon!

Reactions: Tight Knot

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Mrs. Knot and I stopped in yesterday morning to wake you guys up. The weather was perfect...........but ya'll were snoring. Three hardcore guys doing it til they dropped. Good report Jeff sounds like a fun trip. Adeline was on fire yesterday catching 6 trout all over 20 biggest going 25. We caught all in 2.5 to 3 ft of water over grass and sand throwing pump/chart 1/16th oz jigs. See ya'll next trip down.
Tight Knot

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Tight Knot said:
Mrs. Knot and I stopped in yesterday morning to wake you guys up. The weather was perfect...........but ya'll were snoring. Three hardcore guys doing it til they dropped. Good report Jeff sounds like a fun trip. Adeline was on fire yesterday catching 6 trout all over 20 biggest going 25. We caught all in 2.5 to 3 ft of water over grass and sand throwing pump/chart 1/16th oz jigs. See ya'll next trip down.
Tight Knot
Freekin locals...Always know the best days to fish.lol

Congrats to Adeline on her catching prowess. I should have grabbed my tackle and went with you and the Mrs. and left them sleeping.

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
I told you James them two will flat fish til they can't stand up anymore lol........Glad yall had a good time and caught fish I wish I could of made it down sounds like I missed out on some good times. Plus I missed a oppurtunity to pick on Bevo

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Fresh2Salt said:
Freekin locals...Always know the best days to fish.lol

Congrats to Adeline on her catching prowess. I should have grabbed my tackle and went with you and the Mrs. and left them sleeping.
Come with us next time bro........good to see ya.
T.K.

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
wading_fool said:
I told you James them two will flat fish til they can't stand up anymore lol........Glad yall had a good time and caught fish I wish I could of made it down sounds like I missed out on some good times. Plus I missed a oppurtunity to pick on Bevo
Jeff and I made up for your absense...lol

And Bob...Don't be surprised if you find a stowaway on you next trip when I'm in town...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts