2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Save a Goat, Ride a Cowgirl!!!
3,388 Posts
Fishnut hit it!!!

The laminate will lay right on top. The vinyl is a great moisture barrier that will protect the underside of laminate from the slab.

Brad

·
3,388 Posts
What we call hardi board

is a product we use on plywood subfloors when installing wood or ceramic. It's a 1/2" sheet that when combined with the plywood gives you a very ridgid subfloor, meaning no flex to break apart the ceramic or laminate or wood.

Brad

·
3,388 Posts
No sir Mr. Shadman

The mortar used for ceramic will not bond to the vinyl. You need to scrape the vinyl and all adhesive up for ceramic.

Call me if I can do anything for ya'll. Or go to my sponsor banner on here and check out my website.

Thanks,

Brad
281-467-4285 cell
713-661-2134 office

·
3,388 Posts
Sorry Shaddy,

I did see a guy that had used liquid nails to put ceramic on top of vinyl tiles. I don't recommend it but there's always a way to ******* something up.
(If you try this method please make check payable to Brad Greuter)

LOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
23,848 Posts
Fishnut said:
Shad

Trust me if your going to tile a big area have Cornhusker do it. I wish I would have when I did my kitchen, I was sore for days afterwards.
Brad did my house too, very reasonable, great quality and it was all over in 2 days. The kids and the dogs don't have a chance against my tile flooring anymore, lol.

·
3,388 Posts
Thanks guys!!!

Fishnut,Ain't it funny how that stuff hurts a little more each year!!!

Mont, thanks for the kind words my friend. Let me know if I can do anything else for ya.

Brad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts