2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our church is having it's Fall Campout at Yegua Creek Park on Lake Somervile this coming weekend (Oct 10-12). I was curious if anyone had any tips for bank fishing at the park. We are not going to take a boat, but, I thought I might try and see if I couldn't find a fish to tug on the kiddo's line while we were there.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Try the bulkhead down near the front boat ramp out on the main lake side. There is a flat about 200 yds down the bank from the ramp. Good Luck

·
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having not been there before I'm not sure I'm clear. 200 yards east or west from the main lake boat ramp? It may be obvious when I get there, but, thought I would ask.

·
Fishing Guide
2,077 Posts
PaleRider

I think he is talking about 200 yards right of the boat ramp, which would be east, if you are standing on the ramp. I have heard that the crappie have been biting on the piers, Big Creek pier in specific, lots of small ones, few keepers, but kids don't mind as long as they are catching. I heard jigs 3-4 foot deep around the pier was working, I am sure minnows would too.

Yegua park has built a bulk head there by the park now to fish from, with lake low, the bulk headmight not be touching the water, but might pick up a catfish or white bass when casting out from there. Yegua also has a pier by the other boat ramp, that would probably be pretty good for perch close to the pier, and cats casting out. I ssaw lots of shad around the pier last week, early morning. Good luck

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Yes if you are facing the water at the amp it is to the right/east. There is a trail across the road from campsite 5 or 6 to go down to the water.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hey Palerider.........The lake is about 3 feet low but you still might be able to fish from the bank near the boat ramp for catfish.....A better option is Lake Somerville Marina, just down the road....Plenty of bream, along with catfish and crapie, especially during the early morning and late evening hours........Capt. Wayne

·
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Wayne. But, this is mainly a church gathering, It ain't gonna be any real hardcore trip. Not even sure we'll go fishing. Just wanted to make sure I knew my options before I left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts