2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FLATOUT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am heading up to the garland area to visit my brother and was woundering how the fishing was a lake ray hubbard . Last time we visited he took us up to see the new bass pro shop and saw the lake any way he has live there 5 years and has never fished . So family and i rush into the store and bought all new tackle because all of ours was in san antonio. long story short we came across a floating bait stand that had christmas trees hanging from the roof into the water and fished for crappie and what ever else would bite no luck. so this time we are going prepaired i would like to go back to the bait shop near the bass pro shop again or would also like to try new spots where we could possible catch some cats or bass dont really fish fresh water to much mainly saltwater so where and what type of baits should we use while we are down there . oh we will be down there Aug 3- 6 just want to do a little reserch. thank for the info

·
FLATOUT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks for nothing

i just arrived hear in here in garland and i am sorry to say no one has posted any thing guy i just wanted some feed back thanks for NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
137 Posts
Ray Hubbard

10 inch Power worms are hard to beat around the grass beds at night, this would be your best option. The other would be to throw spoons in the creek channels by the bridge. We used to wack them good back when I was a kid, right before dark on top. it so hot, your best option would be to locate a sharp contour line on a map and hit the drops. Thats how the pros do it.

Caolina rig some yamamoto baits and see what happens.

You're lack of response from the others is because we finally got a break from the rain and evceryone is thinking specks and reds!

·
TonyFishslayer
224 Posts
Flatout Im sorry man! I didnt see your post either. haha you probally going to hate me. I live on lake ray hubbard. Next time you come down pm me. Ive fished this lake for seven years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts